Il-28 Seabeagle

Started by zenrat, December 30, 2015, 05:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Nice work. Does look good with the markings on her ! Looking forward to seeing more. PS-the gun idea is a good one  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

No more done on this.  But The Boys mum is back from NZ tomorrow so I get my pre-tea modelling time back.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2016, 01:14:46 AM
No more done on this.  But The Boys mum is back from NZ tomorrow so I get my pre-tea modelling time back.

What a scheduled life you lead Fred..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Oh you've got to have a routine.

I tend to hit the shed between finishing all the jobs i have to do that day and Mrs z coming home.
With The Boy here that coincided with school pick up time so I had to venture out onto roads filled with distracted parents in SUVs.  It's a time I try to avoid (along with morning drop off time) as these are some of the worst drivers on the road.

Anyway, today I managed to find time to put some white undercoat over the etching primer I had already put on the white metal props.  Plus I painted the tail turret and bomb bay doors with underside colour.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2016, 12:45:13 AM

It's a time I try to avoid (along with morning drop off time) as these are some of the worst drivers on the road.

Amen to that!

Living as we do around 400 yard from a local primary school the hours of 0830-0915 and 1500-1545 are TOTAL no drive areas! The Mumsies seem to think that the needs of their Little Darlings out-prioritise EVERYthing else, and that includes speed limits, other traffic, anyone else's Little Darling, policemen directing traffic etc.

Re the latter one of the Mumsies rammed a cop standing in the road while she tried to get into the last available parking spot near the school, and then wondered why he was pulling out his pocket book as approached her gargantuan Audi Q7....  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2016, 08:18:42 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2016, 12:45:13 AM

It's a time I try to avoid (along with morning drop off time) as these are some of the worst drivers on the road.

Amen to that!

Living as we do around 400 yard from a local primary school the hours of 0830-0915 and 1500-1545 are TOTAL no drive areas! The Mumsies seem to think that the needs of their Little Darlings out-prioritise EVERYthing else, and that includes speed limits, other traffic, anyone else's Little Darling, policemen directing traffic etc.

Much sympathy!! When I was teaching in a primary school, the staff all dreaded the school run dodgem car event twice a day. It was supposedly OUR fault if doting mama could not park within 10 yards of the school.

When Madame (or I) had to take our boys to secondary school ....7 miles away and no bus...... we'd drop them in a pull-off  a quarter of a mile away at the other end of the village and they'd walk. Picked them up at the same place and often got home before "the slugs", as the boys described those being collected at the gate, had even got out of the tangled mess of cars.  Little sister taught at that school and as a head of department (senior staff) had to take a turn acting as a referee by the gate.  She is alleged to have asked one mother "Excuse me, have you parked that 4x4 there or just abandoned it?" She reckoned to see a bump a day, broken glass once a week and proper folded metal once a quarter.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Since they've painted double yellow lines all over the area closest to the school the Mumsies are having to park further afield, and one of the places they chose is our street.

It's narrow enough so that all cars have to park on one side, as it happens the side that our house is on, but the Mumsies  don't understand the local rules, which are a) park parallel to the kerbs and no less than 6" from them b) park with a minimum distance between you and the next vehicle but not so close that you can't get out without a 36 point turn etc. etc.

So they 'park' at 15 deg. to the kerb, 2 ft. out at the furthest point and 10 ft. from the next vehicle.......  :banghead:

Mrs_PR19 has suggested that the next one who does this is 'moored' to the pavement by some white rope around their wheels and some dummy rond anchors laid on the kerbs!.  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Mrs_PR19 has style, Kit! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

The worst driving occurs after the kids have been dropped off in the morning when the parents just seem to switch off their brains and drive mindlessly.

Lots of little bits done on this today.
Painted the bomb bay and undercarriage doors and the props and the wheels.
Knocked up missile pylons from bits & pieces.
Started assembling an Airfix Bloodhound transport trailer to carry one of the missiles.
Fred

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2016, 03:35:53 PM

Since they've painted double yellow lines all over the area closest to the school the Mumsies are having to park further afield, and one of the places they chose is our street.

They actually pay attention to the double yellow lines  :o

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on March 03, 2016, 02:42:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2016, 03:35:53 PM

They actually pay attention to the double yellow lines  :o

Gondor

For the time being anyway, they've only been there 3-4 months.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

We have 3 infant/junior, 2 senior and 1 naughty boys and girls school within 3/4 mile. The local roads are horrendous from 8 until 9 and as a pedestrian you cannot cross  :banghead: Even I use the Lollipop Man  ;D Joke is some mums have to walk back farther from where they park than it is from home to school in the first place !  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

What propellers are you going to use on this please, Zenrat?
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

I have a pair (or should that be 2 pair?) of white metal Spitfire contra-props very kindly donated by NARSES2.
I fitted them today.
They just touch the ground.
However, putting the wheels on will give me enough clearance.
I also painted the parts of the glazing that are underside colour and fitted the tail turret.
Fred

zenrat

Heres a badly out of focus phone pic of where I got to today.
Glazing is mostly attached and wheels are on.

Fred