Il-28 Seabeagle

Started by zenrat, December 30, 2015, 05:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

PDRV Navy land based maritime patrol aircraft.
Turboprops, long range ASMs and maritime search radar.
I'll be grafting on complete nacelles from another kit and am actively looking out for a plastic "thing" with a nice radome like shape.
Scratchbuilding of the ASMs has started which I hope isn't a breach of the rules  :o  I figure this is no different to using missiles from another kit or weapons pack.
Not looking forwards to all the PSR round the nacelles. :-\

Now, where's that jar of Soviet Interior green/blue...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

It will be fun.  I've been thinking about this one for a while.
Nothing really to show but i've glued the nacelles together so I can see where to hack at to get them to fit the wings.
I'll be interested to see how quickly you lot can identify them.
Also started putting the cockpit together.  The Italeri Beagle has better then average ejector seats (4 parts each) and separate side consoles for the pilot but it's a bit vague on exactly where these locate and even when you work it out some trimming is required.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Nacelles "adjusted" and attached to wings.

Mock up.

Fred

NARSES2

Almost looks FSW in that shot
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Fokker F-27 nacelles? 

Looking good!

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

Great idea. That's an aeroplane I've always wanted to build, and the new mods are looking good on her !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Acree

Great idea!  It's going to end up looking a lot like an A2J Super Savage:
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/k4ZmHybE660suSTc2kYG7Q--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NDQ4O3E9OTU7dz03MzA-/http://www.diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/North-American-XA2J-Super-Savage-7.jpg

Can't wait to see the progress!

Chuck

zenrat

Now I definitely replied between Dave & Todd but it seems to have vanished - like an old oak table.

Not Fokker nacelles Dave.

FSW?

Not aware of the Super Savage Chuck but there is a resemblance.
Fred

Acree

Fairey Rotodyne nacelles?

zenrat

Quote from: Acree on January 04, 2016, 12:25:56 AM

Heh heh heh.  Correctamundo.  Well done.

The Rotodyne will one day get the Beagle Nacelles.

Fred

Army of One

Oooooh.....be very interested to see what you do with the engines....i got a couple in the stash and wanted to turbo prop one as a 'Sandy' and 'Jolly Green Giant' killer of the NVAF........with a solid gun nose......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2016, 11:21:41 PM

FSW?

Forward swept wings. They just look slightly that way in the photo
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 04, 2016, 02:36:42 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2016, 11:21:41 PM

FSW?

Forward swept wings. They just look slightly that way in the photo

Yes, IL-28 wings do tend to look like that unless you're looking vertically down on them.

I noticed it on my long delayed 'big wing' recce IL-28RV 'Mainbrace' before I changed them for something else. It's because the leading edge is dead straight and the trailing edge sweeps forward quite sharply I reckon.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: Acree on January 04, 2016, 12:25:56 AM

That thought crossed my mind and then went on down the road.  :rolleyes:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise