Strength is Victory: भारतीय ईगल of भारतीय वायु सेना

Started by Gondor, January 04, 2016, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 05, 2016, 10:55:36 AM
Perfect !

PS-Everytime I see the thread title I see " Strength through Victory" and it doesn't make any sense  :thumbsup:

The title is either the Squadron motto or the Indian Air Force motto, probably the latter. The script is Hindi but I cant remember what I wrote. The Aircraft is called after the Indian Eagle which is probably the first part of the Hindi with the second part more than likely Hindi for Indian Air Force. I wonder if my printer will print Hindi for it's display label?

Gondor

EDIT: I got that wrong. Strength is Victory is the Squadron Motto of 5 Squadron Indian Air Force
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

A little update to say that I am still hoping to get this finished for the end of the Group Build. Just painted the black RF transparent material and the RAM on the intakes, all by hand with no masking   ;D

Overall shot of the model first

The intakes, painted freehand

and the aerials on the inner wing leading edge which were also painted freehand

Quite pleased with the way the black has turned out, at least as far as making the edges neat.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Well it's getting there although I have just encountered a problem  :banghead: :banghead:

The brass rod I bought to be replacement pins for the undercarriage has proved to be too small  :banghead: :banghead:

The aircraft is at the moment sat on a tin of Humbrol paint to provide the correct hight at the rear, the nose leg has its wheels on, and tin's of paint are stopping the bogies from splaying outwards while some Araldite is curing. Hopefully once that dries it will take the weight of the model which has been glossed ready for its decals. This stage with the wheels though is the real crunch stage though as everything hinges on the bogie  :rolleyes:

Fortunately the joints appear to be quite sturdy although the bogies are splayed out a little which could well be due to the angle that I ended up getting the axles at

So this evening I will be adding decals to this build.

Gondor

Gondor

So as promised, decals  ;D

Yes I know the roundels on the tops of the wings are a little on the small size for this aircraft but its what I though would go better with a tactical aircraft that would operate at low level which did not want to draw attention to itself with large areas of white.

I also realise that some people will think that the elephant's are pointing the wrong way. It's the same direction as on the squadrons Canberra, or at least on the decal sheet where I got the pachyderm's from so I feel quite safe about that detail.

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Realised that I have the fuselage serial in the wrong place so they need painted over and fresh ones put in the correct place  :banghead: :banghead:

Not such a great problem as I still need to do a little bit of touching up as far as the paint is concerned mainly on the wing trailing edges which are almost thick enough to be barn doors  :blink:

Gondor

Gondor

Sorted out the touching up and covering the serials which were put in the standard UK position rather than Indian Air Force position. Once the paint has dried it will be time for the Matte coat, gloss was applied prior to going to bed last night, then its on with the wing pylons which include the weapons and that should be the model finished  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

One day to go and that has a Grand Prix to slow things down a bit by eating into my time. Only the stores on their pylons to be added and the nose probe and that will be that  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor

Finished the build  :party: :cheers: :drink:

Just letting some varnish dry then its time for the beauty shots to be taken and posted to both this thread and the Finished thread in the Group Build.

Gondor

Gondor

OK, finished my second build for this Group build, in fact it's also the second model I have finished for a group build as well as far as I can remember, which is a bit dodgy at the moment  :-\

Anyway, picture time  ;D

To start off some "Dead Parrot" pictures as it was easier to take the pictures before I fitted the fin and it allowed a nice clear view of the underside too.

Now several pictures of it up on its legs and showing off its plumage   :rolleyes:

And lastly a shot of it on its intended display base which shows off the load in the weapons bay

The build was mostly straight out of the box. The colour scheme for both the interior and exterior were updated to represent an aircraft from the 1970's and the operator was picked to be a little bit different but a probable uses as the Indian Air Force flew Canberra's.
The weapons came from a multitude of sources. The majority were from the 1980's version of the Jaguar by Airfix which also provided the under wing pylons and bomb beams. Some of the bombs in the weapons bay were also from the old Airfix Jaguar kit, the rest of the bombs in the weapons bay were from the Airfix Hawk kit of the save vintage as the Jaguar kit. The bombs under the wings were from Freightdog and were used as they were more streamlined than the older looking bombs I put inside the weapons bay. The Rocket pods are from a Dragon weapons set and are Soviet UB-16-57's with the decals from Model Alliance set MA-72143.

Back story

Bought to replace the ageing Canberra Interdiction aircraft it had been flying for nearly twenty years, the भारतीय वायु सेना or Indian Air Force initially purchased twenty refurbished early production TSR2 aircraft. These aircraft were followed by another twenty aircraft being assembled from components supplied by British Aircraft Corporation as part of a package that included local manufacture by हिंदुस्तान एरोनॉटिक्स लिमिटेड, otherwise known as Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, located in Bangalore.
As production of the contracted seventy five aircraft progressed, an ever increasing proportion of the aircraft and its systems were locally manufactured until the final aircraft were almost totally produced within India.
One of the most famous squadron to be formed on what was locally know as the भारतीय ईगल or Indian Eagle was number 5 Squadron based at Ambala Air Force Station where it had reformed after converting to the Indian Eagle in the late 1970's. This squadron was formed after India was given Independence as up to that point the Royal Air Force had their own 5 Squadron operating within the country and to avoid confusion the Indian Air Force did not form it's own 5 Squadron until the Royal Air Force had left India.

The aircraft depicted in this build is from the locally manufactured aircraft and is loaded for a typical interdiction mission, the threat of which has helped keep the peace in the region for some time with the Indian Eagle only ever using live weapons on the ranges and practice grounds.

Enjoy  ;D

Gondor

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Snowtrooper

The TSR.2 is such a big bird that the SNEB pods look a little bit... undewhelming all alone in those pylons. Now, maybe if they were mounted in triplets on a TER (or whatever the British equivalent was called)... ;D

Nice work though, especially with the bomb bay.