Raptor's brainwave: PR.19 replacement

Started by Raptormodeller, January 16, 2016, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptormodeller

Easier thought than done. So many suitable jets: TSR2, Nimrod, Sentinel, Canberra, YF-23, Typhoon and so on and so forth.
Next would be the wing. Grafting on U-2 wings is the obvious solution,
But maybe something more modern and graceful. 787? A350? C130 with chopped off engines?
Engines? Internal? or external? Slung under the wings? Podded Canberra style? Again. An infinite amount of options. 1 or 2? Turbofan or turbojet?
Canopy? Harrier? Typhoon? I'm truelly lost on this one. Or simply OOB?
Nose? U-2? Custom? 
Need to do a backstory for this. I think.... A350 wings for starters. U-2 nose? Done! Fuselage? Canberra. Which version? B.2 probably since it looks streamlined as hell. Engines? More thought needed. Probably internal. New tail? My Vulcan B2 one.
This is gonna be one HELL of a project *quiver*. But I'm definetly doing it.

Chomp chomp
-raptor
A raptor with a difference
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  
the worlds ONLY modelling raptor               whow toow speel

JayBee

No, I do not think it would be possible to replace Kit Spakman.
Let's just stick with the one we have got.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Raptormodeller

Mmmm, you're probably right there. BUT in that fictional RAF world I'm pretty sure the top brass would be interested in replacing that meteor. I do not intend to top the original build. I'm pretty sure the RAF could make an 'improved' version/replacement.
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, love the idea, bags of scope there.  :thumbsup:

I had a go at it already, but my idea got cancelled by the dreaded 1957 Sandys' Defence White Paper, as did many other promising projects.....

The Hawker P.1086 'Streak'.

Backstory here :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36797.0/highlight,1086.html

Build here :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36798.0.html

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Raptormodeller

Quote from: Weaver on January 16, 2016, 11:43:25 AM
Scaleorama'd airliner wings can look good, as the H.A.T. demonstrates:

Full story here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,38469.0/highlight,pr19.html
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 16, 2016, 10:41:50 AM
Hehehe, love the idea, bags of scope there.  :thumbsup:

I had a go at it already, but my idea got cancelled by the dreaded 1957 Sandys' Defence White Paper, as did many other promising projects.....

The Hawker P.1086 'Streak'.

Backstory here :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36797.0/highlight,1086.html

Build here :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36798.0.html

This is going to be considerably harder than I thought. And I knew this was going to be a tough cookie. Still, I'm going to soldier on until I can't  :tank:

chomp chomp
-raptor

kerick

Just paw through the stash and spare parts until it comes together. The muse will strike you when the time is right.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on January 17, 2016, 06:22:35 AM
Just paw through the stash and spare parts until it comes together. The muse will strike you when the time is right.

That's pretty much how the original PR19 came together, waaaaay back when now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Raptormodeller

Quote from: kerick on January 17, 2016, 06:22:35 AM
you're right there, I've already figured out the decals and the paint job, but the A350 wings and the Canberra B2 will need to be bought. I'm think about my YF-23 but the mods needed for the larger wings say that I can't disfigure sorry, kitbash that wonder. Going to have a look around for cheap 1:72 Canberra's, I think 1:48th will be too big for 1:144 A350 wings. :/

PR19_Kit

I should try other Canberras than the 'goldfish bowl' canopied B2, they're as rare as hen's teeth these days.

A Matchbox/Revell PR9 would be a cheaper alternative, and a lot more available. The more modern Airfix B(I)8s and PR9s are better models but more expensive of course, but an off-the-wall alternative might be an Italeri B-57.

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2016, 01:42:58 PM
I should try other Canberras than the 'goldfish bowl' canopied B2, they're as rare as hen's teeth these days.

A Matchbox/Revell PR9 would be a cheaper alternative, and a lot more available. The more modern Airfix B(I)8s and PR9s are better models but more expensive of course, but an off-the-wall alternative might be an Italeri B-57.

There is also the Aeroclub B.2 conversion fuselage, they seem to come up on eBay fairly often. Or a current production B.2 is the High Planes kit --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

Quote from: Raptormodeller on January 17, 2016, 12:08:20 PM

I'm think about my YF-23 but the mods needed for the larger wings say that I can't disfigure sorry, kitbash that wonder.

I've long thought about building an RF-23 by lengthening the fuselage just behind the cockpit and slightly lengthening the wings.

I like the B-57 fuselage but British Canberras would work well too.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Raptormodeller

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2016, 01:42:58 PM

A B57 might do it since I don't really like the offset canopy. I'm probably going to end up with a B57G or something. Because  :tornado: canopies look better imo.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?