Mikoyan-Gurevich Ye-37 Zvezda Vopit

Started by zenrat, January 20, 2016, 02:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

So i've extended the nose wheel leg and in the process lost the bottom half (cut - ping - airbourne - I heard it land somewhere behind me on the concrete floor but I can't find it) and had to scratch up a new part.
I'm hoping that with stock length main legs this'll raise the nose enough to get decent length blades.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Kit, don't look at the picture.

Props on, decals are on and Harriet Huntsman has inspected and approves (8 thumbs up).

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Thanks Brad.

The pics a set up.  She was on the floor of the shed.  She froze when I walked in but scuttled off under a box when I nudged her with my boot.
When I came back in after lunch she was back on the floor and froze again.  So I picked her up, took her photo and then put her outside.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2016, 12:17:31 AM
Kit, don't look at the picture.

Props on, decals are on and Harriet Huntsman has inspected and approves (8 thumbs up).

Luckily I can't see the pic anyway, it's a small black square for me. Thanks for the warning.  :thumbsup:

[A tad later] AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

I can see it in my quote!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

The Carpet Monster is REAL!!!!!! :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

DogfighterZen

I think that's a couple of beauties right there! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2016, 08:54:58 AM

Luckily I can't see the pic anyway, it's a small black square for me. Thanks for the warning.  :thumbsup:

[A tad later] AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

I can see it in my quote!  :o

there are continents really frightening to inhabit, it seems

zenrat

Is this where I tell you thats a 1/24 MiG?

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Fred

kerick

I was going to ask what scale it was.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Harriet's gorgeous! :wub:

The MiG ain't bad, either! :thumbsup:

Seriously, guys, they may be big & hairy (for spiders; I think of them as cute & fluffy) but Huntsman spiders are some of the most placid, intriguing & loveable creatures you'll ever find.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2016, 04:34:36 PM
Seriously, guys, they may be big & hairy (for spiders; I think of them as cute & fluffy) but Huntsman spiders are some of the most placid, intriguing & loveable creatures you'll ever find.

Huntsman Spiders are harmless.  I've always welcomed them when I've found them in the house 'cause I know they kill other insects and spiders.  My sister had one as a pet which used to live in her bathroom and drink from the showerhead when you had a shower.   You have to really, really provoke one to get it to bite you and then the venom is basically harmless to humans.   They are the only spider I know of which lives in colonies in the bush.  They come inside houses to usually escape damp weather.  If you ignore them they'll ignore you and be gone back outside in the next dry spell.  Thing is, you'll only rare see them move!  ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on February 17, 2016, 10:18:20 AM
I was going to ask what scale it was.

1/72

Quote from: rickshaw on February 17, 2016, 05:14:12 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2016, 04:34:36 PM

Huntsman Spiders are harmless.  I've always welcomed them when I've found them in the house 'cause I know they kill other insects and spiders.  My sister had one as a pet which used to live in her bathroom and drink from the showerhead when you had a shower.   You have to really, really provoke one to get it to bite you and then the venom is basically harmless to humans.   They are the only spider I know of which lives in colonies in the bush.  They come inside houses to usually escape damp weather.  If you ignore them they'll ignore you and be gone back outside in the next dry spell.  Thing is, you'll only rare see them move!  ;D ;D

Agree with that.  I only moved her outside because she seem determined to freeze in the middle of the floor and I didn't want to tread on her.  I had another, smaller one doing the same in the house today.

Took the camera down to the shed today.
Here's the звезда вопить sitting in its legs.  Front leg is extended, main legs are stock length.

Fred

Old Wombat

This one's creeping ahead in my estimation! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Finished.  Just need to snap some pics.
I've written the usual load of old tosh to accompany the pics so it should all be up here this time tomorrow.
Fred

Captain Canada

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 18, 2016, 01:52:24 AM
This one's creeping ahead in my estimation! :thumbsup:

Haha ! Almost missed that one  :lol:

Looking good Sir ! Love the prop.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?