New Secret Projects Book

Started by Green Dragon, February 02, 2016, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Just a reminder that BSP-5, Britain's Space Shuttle is out at the end of the month:

http://www.crecy.co.uk/british-secret-projects-5
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I'm likely to weep a lot if I get that book......................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

dogsbody

"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Good. If I'm honest the bomber projects interest me more
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GeorgeC

Quote from: Weaver on September 16, 2016, 05:16:06 AM
Just a reminder that BSP-5, Britain's Space Shuttle is out at the end of the month:

Mine arrived last night. I was unsure how interesting a book about Mustard would be, but it covers even more hypersonics and space planes, including a chunk of US, French and German design work for context.  I haven't seen so much I didn't even know existed since I was 12 and read the 1976 RAF Yearbook.    I also now realise that Gerry Anderson's designs lacked ambition  ;)

Weaver

Quote from: GeorgeC on November 05, 2016, 12:40:09 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 16, 2016, 05:16:06 AM

Mine arrived last night. I was unsure how interesting a book about Mustard would be, but it covers even more hypersonics and space planes, including a chunk of US, French and German design work for context.  I haven't seen so much I didn't even know existed since I was 12 and read the 1976 RAF Yearbook.    I also now realise that Gerry Anderson's designs lacked ambition  ;)

Yeah mine arrived this morning. Only had a quick skim through it so far but it looks great: loads of new illustrations.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

American Secret Projects 2 Airlifters is due out in October, very wierd three engined sort of baby Galaxy looking thing on the cover. Maybe a DC-10 based design? https://www.amazon.co.uk/American-Secret-Projects-Vol-Airlifters/dp/1910809160/ref=pd_ys_c_rfy_gb_277106_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1910809160&pd_rd_r=74MPR4634DKKKJ430PYW&pd_rd_w=vDald&pd_rd_wg=3Tgld&psc=1&refRID=EAY09269GH2KN48B1HRQ

Another one for the bookshelf me thinks.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

It says it's only fighters this time around, they've split the bombers off as a separate book.

More expense, but what the hell?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 03, 2018, 12:17:10 PM
It says it's only fighters this time around, they've split the bombers off as a separate book.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that, sod the money!  If the wartime book is BSP, 4, does that mean the hypersonics and missiles book has been dropped?  The last few chapters of that book was covered in more depth in the Mustard volume, though I'd like to see the weapons part expanded.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 03, 2018, 12:17:10 PM

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

The cover art for the fighters volume is out but I've not seen the bombers yet. I assume that will be out next year ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

I've got the original British set of books, how much extra is actually in these new ones? Are they worth it? Not sure Ill be getting the new versions.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

NARSES2

Quote from: Green Dragon on June 07, 2018, 10:32:41 AM
I've got the original British set of books, how much extra is actually in these new ones? Are they worth it? Not sure Ill be getting the new versions.

Paul Harrison

I'm really not sure Paul, but as it seems to require two volumes instaed of the one I assume a fair amount.

Obviously someone will in all probability post a review on here once published.

Chris