What If color scheme on a Japanese plane

Started by Allan, October 28, 2004, 04:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hi What If brothers.

This is the Arii, I think, Ki-100, a very boring plane that doesn't even have a jazzy

nickname it's so dull.

So to give it some life I decided to give it a tropical camo scheme.

I put the canopy on last night and the undercarriage will be stuck on over the

weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/bark...rn/DSCF0004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/bark...rn/DSCF0002.jpg

Well, whaddaya think???????????????/

Allan in Canberra

Alvis 3.1

I'm not sure...Ive been feeling ill and think I'm seeing spots....

;)

Actually..it's way cool man...far out...funkadific...neato....right on....ex-cellent....

and I like it too!!

Alvis 3.1

Allan

Hi Alvis,

Thanks mate.

I put on the spots with a sharpened length of sprue dipped in paint and then squiggled over the fuselage surface.

The sign on the nose says "Hissastu" certain kill.

Cheers,

Allan  in Canberra

elmayerle

Very nice.  I suspect it never got a nickname because it went into service way too close to the end of the war.  IMHO, it's an attractive aircraft, though.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteI put on the spots with a sharpened length of sprue dipped in paint and then squiggled over the fuselage surface.
Our dear JCC has put on the Web a whole page about the coulour mysteries of Ki 100 : "United colours of Kawasaki?" at http://modelscale.free.fr/profils/ki100_P/index.html (but you should ask Babel-Fish or Google to translate it, as it is in French, except the title joke – derivative of the famous-here "united colours of B." for clothes).
And JCC's Model-stories site http://modelstories.free.fr/ have a full batch of articles about unconventional & unknown colours for military aircraft : "Nos Etudes de Camouflages (avions) ». The blue Mustangs are interesting, the mauve A6N Rufe (below) as well, and as far as I am concerned, my favourite painting would be mauve dots, inspired by your wonderful work :wub:  while a little further from Reality :wacko: ... But I fear I will be unable to do that  :( : how did you do to make these clean regular round dots with paint ? You seem to describe it above, but your mains words are not in my dictionnary (sprue, squiggle)... personnal secrets ?  :)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Allan

Hi Elmayerle,

I had a chance to pick up the Hayate Frank kit instead of this one and now

regret I didn't buy it instead.

Just can't get enthused about the plane's design.

Allan in Canberra

Allan

Hi Tophe,

Here's how I did it.

First, cut yourself a goodish length of plastic sprue-the plastic frame that holds the model parts.

Then, sharpen one end of it with a file.

Dip the sharp end into the paint, thinned or unthinned, and squiggle it against the surface of the plane. It's just like drawing on the plane

And that's all you have to do. Have a go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers from Allan in Canberra

Tophe

Quoteplastic sprue and squiggle it against the surface
Thanks a lot Allan :)  But I may need the help of my living dictionary Ollie... How would translate in French sprue (plain tube?) and squiggle (touch?). I fear Ollie speaks Canadian English more easily than Australian English, but maybe he knows... :mellow:
Anyway, I think I have understood most of the recipe now. Thanks a lot Allan! :) And congratulations for this invention of yours! :)

PS. Another subject, concerning you and me, I mean Australia and France: I disagreed completely with our president testing nuclear bombs in your Ocean, while the electors here didn't care ("this is so far away"). Though, Australian wisdom is coming here at last: the soldiers that performed those testings have cancer now and complain, it is now a serious affair here! Acute cancer for the Australians (and penguins) was not a problem for French politicians, but mild cancer touching French families is a very big Health (& money) problem for them... It is unfair, and I pity the poor Greenpeace sailor murdered by the French army in New Zealand, he should have been listened, not killed! :( I may go to jail for saying that, will I be murdered too? No, this is a joke, a dream: what-if the Australians were right, President? :wacko:  he-he-he :D (joke)

Allan

Hi Tophe,

No problem and I had a very nice bottle of red last night with my wife.

Allan

Joe C-P

QuoteThanks a lot Allan :)  But I may need the help of my living dictionary Ollie... How would translate in French sprue (plain tube?) and squiggle (touch?). I fear Ollie speaks Canadian English more easily than Australian English, but maybe he knows... :mellow:
Very simple, you say it very loud, over and over, while jabbing the person with the sprue.

"HERE! Use this SPRUE! The SPRUE! See? Don't you understand? SPRUE! THIS THING! No, don't pick your nose with it, you paint with it. NO, not the brush, the SPRUE! THIS thing. Yeah, that. And do... no, NO. The SPRUE! (Heavy sigh.) Dumb Frog, can't understand simple English. No wonder you lost in the war. OW!"

:D  :D  :D

JoeP, typically American  :P  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Tophe

QuoteVery simple, you say it very loud, over and over
The SPRUE! Dumb Frog, can't understand simple English. No wonder you lost in the war.
JoeP, typically American
Uh, Joe, :huh:  I am so stupid, I don't understand if this is joke or what, like you would probably not understand if I was speaking French or Russian or Tagalog or Ilongo. I just try to do my best and improve myself in English, my favourite language in the World. Seriously.
My English dictionary is the Oxford Concise one, saying that "sprue" is a tropical disease also called psilosis ulcer, and it is not easy to imagine a plastic one... And it is not simple English it seems as the classical Babel-Fish automatic translater does not understand at all this word.

I know patriotism is holy in USA but this is not my way at all, and if I am bad, that is an individual guilt, not related to nationality.
I know France has lost the 1914 and 1940 wars and has been saved by US heroes in 1917 and 1944, thanks. But the reason why soldiers here lost is probably not connected with my personal stupidity. :(
I probably misunderstood your jokes, and I would like to smile, but it is rather uneasy without handling enough a foreign language, sorry... :(  

retro_seventies

Ok Tophe, mon ami, here goes...

sprue = le morceau de plastique qui est attaché aux morceaux d'avion.

do you understand? the "sprue" is the plastic frame that the aeroplane parts are attached to...it is the thing that you cut the plane parts from, in order to build the model (l'armature dont vous coupez l'avion partie)

Mon Français n'est pas très bon, j'espère que vous pourrez comprendre!

Retro (struggling to smash the language barrier!)  :cheers:
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Ollie

Retro, you succesfully smashed the blasted language barrier!!

:lol:  

Captain Canada

Hey Allan !

Looking good !

I wouldn't say it's such a boring a/c, it's just like Ev said, it's downfall was showing up for the party once all the good girls had been picked up !

I like the underside shot, looks good with the meatballs like that. Neat idea for the painting work as well ! It would be nice to see a few close-ups !

Cheers,

Toadman

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.1

Tophe:
Sprue: The frame of plastic used to hold all the pasrts in the kit...also know as "tree", often thrown away once the model is completed.
Squiggle: A wiggling motion, often used in drawing to impart a flow or direction of an substance like smoke or water, perhaps in a random side-to-side motion. Possibly best described as moving like a snake.

Hope this helps

Alvis 3.1