Mutant Mauler - FINISHED !! - "Perimeter"

Started by Austanker, February 06, 2016, 03:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Very cool. Love this stuff you're coming up with !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Austanker

Update:
I decided to trash the mine plow add on for the Abrams kit and use it on this build it glued together nicely back to front , I have added an Oerlikon gun totally impractical but hey it looks cool , not sure whether to keep the track guards I made they look bulky and lack detail , the exposed tracks look pretty cool tho , may add a 50 cal up front or a grenade launcher

MaxHeadroom

Keep on going, Austanker, I'm curious, how it continues!

But, please apologize; The Oerlikon is useless for a 35 to 40° angle to the front. Don't shoot the pianoman driver!
Maybe, you have to rise the gun and add a circular platform for the gunner to give a free field of fire of 360° to him/her.

Btw, this was my version of a Zombieplow:

(with some welded-on blades)

Movable, of course, if working at the engine is necessary:

Norbert

Austanker

Quote from: MaxHeadroom on March 28, 2016, 08:44:02 AM
Keep on going, Austanker, I'm curious, how it continues!

But, please apologize; The Oerlikon is useless for a 35 to 40° angle to the front. Don't shoot the pianoman driver!
Maybe, you have to rise the gun and add a circular platform for the gunner to give a free field of fire of 360° to him/her.

Btw, this was my version of a Zombieplow:

(with some welded-on blades)

Movable, of course, if working at the engine is necessary:

Norbert

Yeh kind of stalled at the moment between jobs lack of time / money / will lol , might have a rethink on the gun its not glued in yet I kind of like the nautical feel , I imagine it would be used like those technical mounted guns in the middle east , I dig your plow I will be making mine moveable as well ... soon lol

Austanker

ok summer is over I've packed the metal detector away for a bit and back to the model nook a bit more work on the Mauler done the side skirts on the weekend adding some detail to them with polystyrene strips

Old Wombat

My version of a zombie plow;

http://s459.photobucket.com/user/GPlachy/library/PAPPRVSS?sort=3&page=1

Had to go back to PhotoBucket to find it, all my old posts (when I joined the site) seem to have lost their links! :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

I love the look of this one. Has a mix of modern and old school about it. Welcome back to the bench and looking forward to seeing more !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Austanker

Is that flyscreen you are using for mesh Wombat ? dig that model / dio  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Nah, Aber mesh.

That much I remember but don't ask me what size. I built this in about 2009, shortly after I got back into the hobby ... Actually, it may have been my 1st build "back at the bench".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Austanker

Back from the grave again I'm determined to finish this thing off been working on it the last few days because of the rain and I'm out of action with 2 weeks off work
I have decided to go with a post apoc themed diorama and have begun construction on it , the base I have textured using Polyfilla exterior cement and I am casting roadside barriers in Plaster of Paris from the Meng accessories kit
The Mauler has received some minor detail work and a coat of primer not sure if I'm going to go with the 20mm cannon in the rear
I have ordered some cool figures from Not Dead Yet miniatures and some stowage items from BNA Modelworld , hopfully it will all come together in a few weeks

kerick

Each time I see this I imagine various guns mounted on the edge of the cargo area gun truck style. Stacks of ammo boxes in the middle and extra rifles and shotguns laying around.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Yeah, a gun in each corner and maybe something with a longer reach in the centre?

Austanker

Not sure on the weapons load out at the moment , this vehicle is a perimeter patrol type vehicle that also does fence maintenance so not an attack type vehicle , maybe I'm just being to sensible I should go for some wow factor lol  anyway I'll see what I can jam into the back of it  :wacko:
Some more work on the dio today finished the road barriers and added some damage to them they came out bloody great , hit the whole thing in primer and tonight I have made a fence from a washing bag for ya missuses undies and I am also making some signs up

Rick Lowe

Hey, that's a great idea for scale fencing... not sure about the 'Misuse of Undies' though...

Oh, Right! Memo to self: READ the WORDS!  :banghead:  :rolleyes:

Ahem!

The concrete barriers look great.

There's a heap of that sort of signage online, if that helps.

kerick

The over head ring mount from any army truck would work too.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise