Mutant Mauler - FINISHED !! - "Perimeter"

Started by Austanker, February 06, 2016, 03:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

I was digging through an old sketchbook from 1979 and found a drawing I did of a post apoc tank thingy and thought " We have the technology , we can build this "
Luckily my local hobby store was having a 50% off sale and I picked up an Abrams M1A1 for 20 bucks , so it begins ...

kerick

This means you have the top half of an Abrams laying around.........

Great start, looking forward to more.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Austanker

Yes but leftovers are gold for the kitbasher  :wacko:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kerick on February 06, 2016, 06:08:05 PM
This means you have the top half of an Abrams laying around.........

Hoovercraft!?  ;D

Old Wombat

The name just struck me with a WW2 alternative "Mutant Maultier" (SdKfz 4 in the vision).

You could possible use a modified figure (see below) in a diorama/vignette.

Austanker

I nearly bought a cheap Sd.Kfz. 251/1 but went with the Abrams , thinkin about getting some of those Masterbox zombies or some figure from MAIM they are making some great post apoc figures , have no idea what kind of dio I'm going to do yet
I did see a cool post apoc dio with a 2 headed cow lol

Old Wombat

Austanker

Some update pics , have finished the main body and side track guards , added drivers seats an controls and some random bits , found a PT Boat conversion kit that has given a nice mounted gun for the Mauler ( plus other goodness for down the track )

P.S I like those Stalker figs the post apoc market seems to be getting more popular theres a good Facebook group for it now: Post-Apocalyptic Modelling - Welcome To The Zone! www.facebook.com/groups/532549343539558/

zenrat

A lot of post apocralypse modellers don't think it through IMO.
A car with spikes is fine but you need to consider what the weight of all those spiked on zombies will do to the cars performance and how you will remove them if they are still animate.

Now, this is a mutant apocralypse so different rules apply - mutants presumably being susceptible to wounds other than decapitation or cerebral destruction, being capable of logical thought and moving faster than a slow shuffle.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

That's what I like about post apoc modelling you are not constrained by sensibilities , slam it in reverse to remove dem corpses  ;)

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

WRT zombies i've always thought some form of scoop set up directing them into a V8 powered mulcher...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

Quote from: kerick on February 13, 2016, 08:09:39 AM
No spikes, snow plow!

I has mine plow that came with the Abrams kit might save that for my next one

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2016, 03:48:58 PM
WRT zombies i've always thought some form of scoop set up directing them into a V8 powered mulcher...

I recall seeing a vehicle with 3 upturned sideways lawn mowers mounted on the front bumper theres a build idea  :wacko:

kerick

Quote from: Austanker on February 13, 2016, 08:28:37 PM
Quote from: kerick on February 13, 2016, 08:09:39 AM
No spikes, snow plow!

I has mine plow that came with the Abrams kit might save that for my next one

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2016, 03:48:58 PM

I recall seeing a vehicle with 3 upturned sideways lawn mowers mounted on the front bumper theres a build idea  :wacko:

Check out the movie Soylent Green.
Tophe the Wise