Messerschmitt Me P.1101 finished.

Started by matrixone, February 10, 2016, 11:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the official roll out of the Me P.1101 Nightfighter.

More pictures of this model later.

Matrixone

Cobra

Another Masterpiece from The MASTER,matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Why do i see in my Mind's eye, an Announcer saying,"Somewhere in Germany,a Luftwaffe Squadron is Getting it's Planes Ready to Try and Stave Off an Allied Offensive!"? Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

dogsbody

"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

matrixone

Thanks guys! :cheers:

I should have mentioned the kit and scale...yes its made from the Dragon 1/72 scale kit.

If anybody is interested I posted a number of pictures during construction of this model in my W.I.P. thread.

Here are the rest of the pictures.

Matrixone

Allan

lovely model, young Matrixone, with lovely airbrushed scribble...the tail swastika looks good made up of little squares, but it's hardly representative of German logical thinking and eagerness for efficiency as it's actually more time-consuming to paint on than the usual cross we see on other planes

PACOPEPE

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Nice. I like the swirls around the basic markings, even though the green appears a bit unusual for a night fighter? Anyway, a great result!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

dumaniac

matrixone

Thanks for the comments! :thumbsup:

Allan,
The swastika on the tail of the Me P.1101 was not painted by brush, a stencil and spraygun was used and was actually a quick way to apply this marking. Several aircraft in the very late war period had the swastika applied this way and two of them are well known...the Me 262 nightfighter ''red 10'' and a Bf 109G-6 at the Australian War Memorial still in its original wartime paint. A close up photograph of the left side tail on the Bf 109 shows part of the swastika was painted on with the use of a stencil which at first seems really odd for a Bf 109G-6 but this 109 was a recycled airframe and some repainting of it was done and part of the repainting involved the tail. Had the war dragged on for a while longer many more Luftwaffe airplanes would have been seen with the swastika similar to that seen on my model.

Dizzyfugu,
The vast majority of Luftwaffe nightfighters were painted in combinations of RLM 76 and RLM 75 but late in the war the trend was to start spraying over the pale 76/75 colors with the new late war colors, large pale colored aircraft were difficult to hide from allied fighter/bombers and the late war green and brown colors were better suited for helping to hide the aircraft on the ground.
The Me P.1101 came from the factory with an overall coat of pale RLM 76 and the decision was left to the unit commanders on how much camouflage paint the aircraft were to receive...so you can imagine how much variation there were on these machines. ;)

Matrixone

Glenn Gilbertson