1/48 scale Space 1999 Eagle into......?

Started by seadude, February 20, 2016, 02:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Several days ago, I bought the following:
http://freetimehobbies.com/1-48-mpc-space-space-1999-eagle-transporter-22-long/

But.........I'm fresh out of ideas on what to whif this bad boy into.  :blink: Or even if I should. I could build it straight from the box. I've always liked the design of the Eagle from the tv series. But I'm sure enough sci-fi modelers have already built enough "regular" Eagles as it is. Why should I build another "regular" one to add to the pile so to speak. :P  After all, I like to be different. I need something, but my mind is a complete blank right now.  :unsure:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Steel Penguin

should you, could you,   sorry I cant answer that for you, ( can you afford / store 2? do one reel one whif that way)
do a pod with pop out missile bays,
do a pod with a large clear area on one side as a tour / observation,  astronomy version.
bigger  / more thrusters, a high vis paint job and have a formula E racer
replace the pod with some skips, or transport containers and have a ash and trash runner.
do one in pristine colours and have it labelled as "Pre Alan Carter flight test"
make some drones and attach to the spine with a 1/3 width pod and have a picket duty bird.
give it wings, big ones
have it above a dropped pod that's deploying a parachute / parawing, as a dead drop delivery bird.
solar panels as a long endurance mission.

I may add more if I think them up
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Eagle Fighter.
Cut the pod and central spine down to about 1/4 of their original length and mount some guns on it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Joe C-P

White with green stripes and red crosses with a siren on the cockpit and you have an hospital ship version.

All black version for stealth.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

pirx

How about a nice diorama?

I would replace the small windows and the black areas on the cockpit section by big triangular windows.

Daniel  ;)

JayBee

Buy another one and make a "Super Duper Long Eagle"  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

pirx

Captain Canada

Love that picture of the crash !

The two inspirational pcs are both good ideas as well. I like the one that looks like a Star wars A-Wing, and I like the super-long idea as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

seadude

I think I may have found a good whif idea for my large scale Space:1999 Eagle. And the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to like it. ;)
Possibly convert it to a terrestrial firefighting Eagle. Paint it red, orange, and yellow colors, add LED lights, cargo pod for various firefighting equipment, etc.
Make it mostly a terrestrial Eagle that fights large scale forest fires or urban fires, etc.

What do you guys think?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Steel Penguin

I think thats going to look very good, and will throw a great many minds off kilter as well.
:thumbsup: 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!