B-52H Kangaroo, Italeri 1/72

Started by novis2, February 26, 2016, 02:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aussie747

Nice work, have you got the decals sorted out yet?
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

novis2

Decals I do not have any kangaroo will be sprayed using masks

novis2

Today I stuck auxiliary gear at the ends of the wings and undercarriage covers.

sandiego89

Nice!  Wing racks are the "bomb" - pun intended, or will she dispense Kiwi democracy and good will via the bomb bay only?

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Gondor

Bear barrels on the wing racks as a "weapon" load?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

novis2

Yes, the pylons will be placed on the wings, because their installation was very bad. Model overall was challenging for the building, I had to use a lot of glue, when the upper part of the fuselage where the wing is 1 mm hole filled Milliput because the wings had the correct position when the airplane is on the ground.

NARSES2

You know I never knew a B52's undercarriage was staggered until I saw that pic of the underside ! Thanks for teaching this died in the wool prophead  something  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2016, 07:03:29 AM
You know I never knew a B52's undercarriage was staggered until I saw that pic of the underside ! Thanks for teaching this died in the wool prophead  something  :thumbsup:

The undercarriage is not really "staggered", but the wheel wells are. There are 2 set of mains, a forward pair and an aft pair.   Port side mains retract aft.  Starboard retract forward.  The wheel wells are huge.  

Quote from: novis2 on March 01, 2016, 11:35:23 PM
.....because the wings had the correct position when the airplane is on the ground.

The "correct" position can be up to debate and interpertation. The real B-52 wing is quite flexible.  An empty B-52 will normally have both outriggers off the ground by quite a bit- about shoulder height.  Fully fueled and bomded up you may just have both outriggers just touching the groud, but quite common to see one outrigger off the ground.  So if your model outriggers do not touch the ground, or just one does- it is "correct"   :thumbsup:
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

The AMT/Italeri B-52G/H kit is notorious for having its wings moulded in the 'in flight' position as they show zero dihedral.

It's the very devil to modify it so that they droop even a small amount. I've done it once without much success, but I have another kit in The Loft for second attempt one day.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 02, 2016, 07:59:02 AM
An empty empty B-52 would have both outriggers off the ground by quite a bit. 

I've got some photos (35mm) of the B-52's that used to visit YYC when they were at the local airshows (Lethbridge or Penhold) because they couldn't land at the airshow airfields. The outriggers on both sides are as sandiego says, well clear of the ground, I should say well clear of the groundman's head too, at least seven or eight feet above him.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2016, 08:04:43 AM
The AMT/Italeri B-52G/H kit is notorious for having its wings moulded in the 'in flight' position as they show zero dihedral.

It's the very devil to modify it so that they droop even a small amount. I've done it once without much success, but I have another kit in The Loft for second attempt one day.

There was a conversion one of the after-market outfits produced which corrected the 'on-ground' problem. Can't think what their name was called though, might have been Goffy Model or something like that --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 02, 2016, 08:09:42 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2016, 08:04:43 AM

There was a conversion one of the after-market outfits produced which corrected the 'on-ground' problem. Can't think what their name was called though, might have been Goffy Model or something like that --

Deltabits in the UK were going to do such a conversion too but I never saw one before they folded, a big pity.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

novis2

Yes, give wings to a position where the aircraft is on the ground put a lot of work. I had to cut the reinforcement of the wings in the fuselage, fill plates and 1 mm gap at the top position, fill Milliput. All this I recut several times and přetmelil putty Tamiya, recut again until smooth. Then I applied Surfacer and polished. Wheels auxiliary chassis and touch the ground.
Now I saw a report that the newly formed Czech firm Q-M-T prepares What if an upgrade kit for the F-15 Eagle British. Soon it will be about my next project What if this model.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: novis2 on March 02, 2016, 08:50:08 AM
Yes, give wings to a position where the aircraft is on the ground put a lot of work. I had to cut the reinforcement of the wings in the fuselage, fill plates and 1 mm gap at the top position, fill Milliput. All this I recut several times and přetmelil putty Tamiya, recut again until smooth. Then I applied Surfacer and polished. Wheels auxiliary chassis and touch the ground.

You did a darn good job, it looks great. MUCH better than my attempt many years ago.  :thumbsup: :bow:

Regards
Kit