Crescent Winged Lightning

Started by Captain Canada, February 26, 2016, 04:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Turn the belly bulge into extra fuel tankage & 2 x 30mm Aden cannon in the nose. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

That's kind of what I was thinking. Keep at least 2 cannon targets of opportunity.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

How about a huge recoilless rifle? AFAIK the RAF considered such a weapon at some point. Had a huge caliber, IIRC, maybe 5".

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

4 in the nose ? 6 with the nose and the belly ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Don't over-gun it, Cap! :o

You've got those big wings, so better lift but a lot more weight on take-off; the plane, also, probably can't climb as steeply as a standard Lightning therefore taking longer to get to altitude; the longer wings imply longer loiter times & greater manoeuvreability at altitude. All these things use fuel, fuel & more fuel. You need the extra tankage!

Your guns are your 2ndary armament, not primary, don't lose range & payload by using too much space & weight with excessive numbers of guns & associated ammo.

My 2 cents. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Defo been some progress ! I`ve also decided to go with a pair of cannon in the belly pack, and that`s it. Makes more sense, as the pack can be exchanged for bomb or recce variants  :thumbsup:

Pics tonite !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started attaching the wings and added a pointy nose

Big bird !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

OMG, THAT looks massive! Looking forward to the landing gear...  :rolleyes:

zenrat

I'm thinking (stop reading now Kit) that it actually looks pretty good in that first pic without the ends of the wings attached.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 16, 2016, 01:21:19 AM
I'm thinking (stop reading now Kit) that it actually looks pretty good in that first pic without the ends of the wings attached.

;D :lol: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

lol thanks guys !

I think it looks better without the extra wings as well...somat to think about for a future build eh ? As for the landing gear, she's going to be a flyer. A: It's easier, B : I want to fly it around after she's done  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

You've got a big wing, big tail plane -- what's the plan for the fin Todd ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I LIKE it with the larger wings, but then I would say that, wouldn't I?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

I still think the cut i suggested would look a bit better... :rolleyes: But this looks good enough for me anyway!
And it also looks like a really cool one to fly around the house... ;D :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"