HS Buzzard GR1

Started by Devilfish, February 29, 2016, 11:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

By the beginning of the 60's the TSR2 program was already showing cracks, so the MOD ordered a "back up" plan.  Not wanting to get caught as they did with the V-bombers, in having 3 designs that ended up in service.
The spec for this aircraft was reduced, in order to make it more attainable. 
A maximum range of 500 miles unrefueled, a low level capability at Mach 1.5 max.
As this spec made it impossible for the aircraft to reach strategic targets deep inside Russia, a new role was assigned.
Assuming that shortly after was declared, tens of thousands of Soviet tanks and men would cross the borders, it seemed unlikely that conventional weapons would be able stem the tide.  To counter this threat, new, low yield nuclear weapons were developed.  The Yellow Snow anti-armour nuclear bomb and the Red River rocket.
The Buzzard was designed to deliver those weapons. 
Also armed with 2 30mm Aden cannons and equipped with side looking radar to carry out the reconnaissance role.

Not one of my best whiffs in terms of quality, but then I did drop it after I primered it, so a lot of the filler fell out.  And there is a lot of filler!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Now that looks interesting!  :thumbsup:

With some Red Stars, it could also have been an early competitor to the T-10/Su-27?  :blink:

andrewj

Nice , very nice indeed.

Andrew

PR19_Kit

Veeeeery interesting, but what did you use to build it? I can't figure it out at all.  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2016, 03:42:33 AM
Veeeeery interesting, but what did you use to build it? I can't figure it out at all.  :unsure:

Aha...I was hoping that would be the case.

Main fuselage is F-22. Nose section (and cockpit) is F-14. Canopy is F-22.  Undercarriage legs are TSR-2.  Wheels are F-22 main and F-111 nose.

The rest is plastic card and lots of filler...

JayBee

Ah, I was thinking of F-22/Mig-29.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

What a beat build ! Love the look of modern angles and old-school round ! The tails look like twin B-29s lol. Love the camo scheme and the bomb bay/ weapons load. Very well done. Nice to see the F-14 nose being repurposed as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Wow, the bomb bay looks great! 

I spotted the F-22 bits, but I was doing some head scratching as well.  The rouded bits really change things up.  Well done!

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

I still can't 'see' all of it, where did the wings come from please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That is a nice looking aircraft and a really good build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Devilfish

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2016, 06:45:20 AM
I still can't 'see' all of it, where did the wings come from please?

The wings are mostly F-22, with "additions".....

The tails were modified from F-22 parts too.  The Nose section is a modified F-14 part

Canopy shown here is off an F-23.  I used the F-22 one in the end.

The Rat

She's a beauty from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail!  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

deathjester

Wow!!  What a beauty!!  Well done!  :thumbsup: