Royal Navy Osprey VCA.1 - FINISHED

Started by Devilfish, March 03, 2016, 11:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

I intend to blend these two kits....

I started with the interior...obviously.  However, this is what the interior of an Osprey looks like....

And this is what you get with the kit....

Spot the difference?

So, first job, as I plan to have the rear doors open, is to make it look a bit busier.

These are the seats that go along the side walls....They might need a rework. More of that later.

The seats cover the big hole in the sides where the sponsons are, but only up to a point. So, first job is to fill in the gap.

Then start adding detail.  Now, I tried to make sense of the mess that is shown in the first pictures....Wasn't happening, so I picked certain details as starting points.  The most important area is the rear doorway, as it is most visible. The rest will be in gloom...

I have so far added the main frames to the fuselage.

And I plan to alter the floor to include the tie downs that are missing.

Once I have the main structure, I will add the pipework and odds and sods to the roof, and , of course, a roof....

zenrat

Ambitious.
Good start.  Can't wait to see more.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Weaver

That is a bit of a pig's breakfast on the inside isn't it? Gotta wonder, when it's full of grunts with full packs and weapons, how often guys get hooked on all that stuff.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

You had me at Royal Navy  :thumbsup:

Great work so far ! The details are really adding up quickly and are going to look great.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

See, I'd cheat & go with noise-reduction/ballistic-protection padding. ;) :thumbsup:

You're a brave, brave man, Devilfish! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Brave indeed, this is great stuff!  :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Will there be 3 rotors at the end? :lol:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

..or are you just using the bits from the nose ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I built an AC 130 gunship with the interior many years ago. I feel your pain.
This will look amazing when finished! (This is what I tell my wife whenever I start a home improvement project!)
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

Great work so far......i get the feeling that this is going to be.........epic.....!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on March 04, 2016, 04:15:23 AM
That is a bit of a pig's breakfast on the inside isn't it? Gotta wonder, when it's full of grunts with full packs and weapons, how often guys get hooked on all that stuff.

Especially with fixed bayonets...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Devilfish

My first thought was to go with sound deadening padding, but I wanted to keep it as "real" as possible.
Of course, it doesn't help in the slightest that nearly every picture I have seen of the inside of one of these things, is different in some way from the next....
Luckily, it's fairly dark and dingey in there, so you won't be able to see a lot.

I had a crack at the floor and pipework yesterday after getting back from the Peterborough show (nice stand by the way!)

Devilfish

Got some of the interior done.  I decided to cut open the front door to let more light in.....

And the rest is coming on. Still needs more work...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.