Royal Navy Osprey VCA.1 - FINISHED

Started by Devilfish, March 03, 2016, 11:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I've built that same kit and mine doesn't do that.

Have they re-issued it with some new, and wrong, mouldings?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

I don't know if they've made any changes...

It does strike me as strange.  Annoying more than anything, as it'll be displayed with the engines vertical, so you won't, hopefully, notice this.

chrisonord

Looking good, engines up, no one the wiser I say  ;)
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Otherwise trim the blades. Lengthening the wing looks like it would be difficult. Of course, only really applies if in the forward flight mode. That would make an interesting display.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

I checked my Hasegawa Osprey and found that the blades fit between the engines and the fuselage. A build I plan to get back onto after the Scottish Nationals.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Devilfish

Approaching the end now.  Gloss coated and decals on......

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Devilfish

OSPREY VCA. 1

With the advent of the British super carriers, the admiralty started looking for a more capable, longer range helicopter to act as anti ship/submarine,  anti piracy and also as a troop and supply delivery system.
The V-22 Osprey seemed like a natural choice, as it combined the speed and range of an aircraft, with the versatility of a helicopter.
In order to meet the roles expected of it, the Sea Spray radar, optics, and self defence systems, as well as the offensive capability of the Lynx HMA.8 were fitted to the airframe.
The capability to carry up to 4 Sea Skua anti ship missiles, or a combination of missiles,  depth charges and torpedoes,  as well as assault troops, makes it a very useful asset.
It's secondary role of COD  (Carrier onboard delivery) is another string to its bow. Not only able to, via in flight refuelling, to resupply  the carrier itself, but it can delivery straight to thensure smaller ships of the fleet.

zenrat

Very good.  Looks like it came out of the box like that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

An excellent idea and well modelled too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Love it ! That nose and those markings make it super realistic. Sure would look good atop one of your new carriers ! Better let the Admiralty know about this  :thumbsup:

Great job. Love all the details and the markings look great. Defo an idea I'm saving.

:bow: :cheers: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Very good indeed, love all the small details! Great work!  :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

andrewj

Wow ! , lovely job there , looks great.

Andrew

KiwiZac

What Zenrat said: it looks OOB. Beautiful work!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates