TSR........ 3?

Started by tc2324, March 04, 2016, 04:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Ok, not so much an actual TSR.3 as such, just the third one I have started.

After the rush to get the 74 builds out the way i needed something a bit more relaxing.

As you can see, it`s the same layout as last time as I`ll eventually look to sell this on.

It`s 1/72 `Spec Savers` scale and the only issue I have right now is which scheme to do it in...???
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Old Wombat

74 Sqn? :blink:

617 Sqn? :-\

1 or 6 Sqn RAAF? ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Luftwaffe Norm 72 splinter cammo.  ;D

Rheged

He's going to shock us all and do it in Fleet Air Arm (land based) livery, or possibly Indian Air Force.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Quote from: Rheged on March 04, 2016, 08:37:18 AM
He's going to shock us all and do it in Fleet Air Arm (land based) livery ...

Paint scheme based on the original T.S.R. II?  ;D

Tophe

Will the TSR3 happen to be a zwilling TSR2-Z or just a "normal" TSR2? :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Luftwaffe or FAA sounds good to me ! Great shot of that Swordfish btw

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 05, 2016, 02:20:58 PM
...Great shot of that Swordfish btw

It is.  But what's going on in the back?
I get the feeling the pilot is about to turn round, give 'em both a clip round the ear and tell them to sit down and shut up.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That's the 'Crew Wave' at slow speed just before the poor guy in the third seat gets the Ensign out and lets it flutter over the rear fuselage as they fly past.

One of my Field Service Engineers used to BE the guy in the third seat and he was instrumental in getting the RNHF to install a mount for the Ensign as previously the poor bloke had to hold on to the darn thing by himself! In his days they had a HUGE Ensign that was mounted right at the aft end of the cockpit area but these days they have a smaller one mounted as below.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 06, 2016, 01:33:43 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on March 05, 2016, 02:20:58 PM
...Great shot of that Swordfish btw

It is.  But what's going on in the back?
I get the feeling the pilot is about to turn round, give 'em both a clip round the ear and tell them to sit down and shut up.

Or he's turning the plane around and going home  ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Great stuff. There was one restored and flown out of Muirkirk, ON, back in the 90s. What a sight ! Not sure where she ended up, I'll have to check into that.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 06, 2016, 03:00:57 AM
That's the 'Crew Wave' at slow speed just before the poor guy in the third seat gets the Ensign out and lets it flutter over the rear fuselage as they fly past.

A very relative term when discussing the Swordfish  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 06, 2016, 07:08:33 AM

Dead right, Ted said that in a high wind it could take them AGES to cross an airfield, waving all the time, so their arms ached by the time they'd done it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 06, 2016, 08:41:15 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 06, 2016, 07:08:33 AM

Dead right, Ted said that in a high wind it could take them AGES to cross an airfield, waving all the time, so their arms ached by the time they'd done it.  ;D

I'm reading my newly acquired copy of Admiral Cunningham's autobiography. He describes reading  intercepted Afrika Corps reports concerning  hovering British helicopters undertaking "precision bombing".   His comment "That would be our Swordfish flying upwind".
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on March 06, 2016, 12:13:53 PM
I'm reading my newly acquired copy of Admiral Cunningham's autobiography. He describes reading  intercepted Afrika Corps reports concerning  hovering British helicopters undertaking "precision bombing".   His comment "That would be our Swordfish flying upwind".

So...world's first attack helicopter, then?  ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng