B-52/Victor & B-52/Victor/P6M

Started by KJ_Lesnick, March 06, 2016, 08:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 10, 2016, 04:39:38 AM
The bomb release sequence info is pretty interesting as well !

:cheers:

It's fascinating. All new to me that's for sure
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KJ_Lesnick

Dave/Sandiego89

Looking at some basic measurements it would appear the aircraft is about 18'5" tall provided I did my math right: Do your estimates match up?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

sandiego89

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 10, 2016, 02:33:27 PM
Dave/Sandiego89

Looking at some basic measurements it would appear the aircraft is about 18'5" tall provided I did my math right: Do your estimates match up?

Kendra, not sure what you mean by "tall"? If you are talking about the fuselage height of my SeaVictor model, I just measured it and the fuselage at its tallest point (bottom of keel to top of fuselage) would scale out to about 15.44 feet.  A quick internet search shows the real Victor fuselage has a 10 foot cross section, although it is a very complex shape, especially with the bulged lower front fuselage.  So my new seaplane hull added a few feet, even beyond the characteristic front bulge of the land based Victor.   

Rough measurements of my 1/96 scale SeaVictor are:
wingspan of @13.43 inches- which comes up to about 107.4 feet- quite close to the real 110 foot wingspan.  Likely "close enough" for many older models, but perhaps not for some rivet counters ;)
About 3.75 inches high overall (not on beaching cradle)
Fuselage is 1.93 inches tall- about 15.44 feet in scale.
Fuselage is 1.25 inches wide just aft the wings- which jives with the listed 10 foot fuselage cross section.   
Fuselage about 12 inches long- nose probe lost in storage.

Hope that helps in whatever you are working on/thinking of.

-Dave 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

KJ_Lesnick

Dave

QuoteKendra, not sure what you mean by "tall"? If you are talking about the fuselage height of my SeaVictor model
Yup
QuoteA quick internet search shows the real Victor fuselage has a 10 foot cross section, although it is a very complex shape, especially with the bulged lower front fuselage.
The fuselage cross-section is 10'0" by 10'0" where the bomb-bay is?
QuoteRough measurements of my 1/96 scale SeaVictor are:
wingspan of @13.43 inches- which comes up to about 107.4 feet- quite close to the real 110 foot wingspan.  Likely "close enough" for many older models, but perhaps not for some rivet counters ;).  
About 3.75 inches high overall (not on beaching cradle)
Fuselage is 1.93 inches tall- about 15.44 feet in scale.
Fuselage is 1.25 inches wide just aft the wings- which jives with the listed 10 foot fuselage cross section.  

QuoteHope that helps in whatever you are working on/thinking of.
Yeah... basically, what I got seem to best be satisfied by two designs

1. HP-Victor B-52 Mashup

• Basic dimensions based on the B-52
  • Unsure what to make of the fuselage
  • Wings based on the HP-Victor: They allow a higher cruise-speed, possibly cruise altitude, supersonic dive capability, and probably are sturdier
  • Canopy either like the HP-Victor or a bubble arrangement
  • 2-4 engines in each wing-root, the other 1-2 carried under the wing
2. P6M/Sea-Victor

• Sea-Victor or a P6M/Sea Victor Hybrid
  • Sea-Victor wings used when possible excepting the means of a tip-float
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.