P-51 Mustang IIIa

Started by Flyboy69, March 07, 2016, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboy69

Hi guys,

It has been a while sins last time. But here is aproject I finished last year for Telford.

It's a combination of a Accurate miniature P-51C with a P-51A wing and a resin nose top for a late type Griffon Spitfire.

I hope you guys like it.

Finally out of the closet!!!!!!!

KiwiZac

NICE! Gotta love a Griffon! Do the same thing but with a D/K airframe, put it next to a Martin MB.5 and really mess with people!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Devilfish

Like it very much indeed! :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Excellent finish, nice one!  :thumbsup:

dumaniac

gees - she sure is gunned up

nice job

NARSES2

Now that's a really interesting build, great work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Love it.
On my monitor the underside looks acid green when I assume it is yellow (I think I may have a touch of yellow/green colour blindness - in the past words have been had regarding this issue).
However, I quite like that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Looks "acid green" here, too. Compared to the "P" roundel the underside appears rather green on my monitor, too.

Captain Canada

Great job ! What a natural she is in that scheme with that nose. Love it.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on March 08, 2016, 01:41:27 AM
Love it.
On my monitor the underside looks acid green when I assume it is yellow (I think I may have a touch of yellow/green colour blindness - in the past words have been had regarding this issue).
However, I quite like that.

Actually, it's more chromate yellow (which has a greenish tinge) & is probably due to the bluish aqua/teal background.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

su27rules

:thumbsup:  Nice work!!

kerick

Add another to the list of "Wish I had thought of that!"
Well done!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Interesting... Could you add a profile photograph of the model? (I'd be glad to draw it and add it in my collection of Mustang profiles).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

That nose looks great on the mustang! Very nice work! :bow:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Modelling_Mushi

Well worth the wait flyboy.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio