In need of some help with a build I am doing.

Started by chrisonord, March 09, 2016, 07:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 12, 2016, 05:32:02 AM
Strangely given we have been mentioning the Great A'Tuin  :bow: on another thread from certain angles that looks rather like a turtle's head  :blink: Or is my re-reading the Discworld series from the beginning again starting to effect what remains of my brain ?  ;D
;) ;D
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 12, 2016, 05:32:02 AM
Strangely given we have been mentioning the Great A'Tuin  :bow: on another thread from certain angles that looks rather like a turtle's head  :blink: Or is my re-reading the Discworld series from the beginning again starting to effect what remains of my brain ?  ;D

Morphic resonance and the effects of Croydon's strong magical field.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Presumably the A'Tuin version would have four German WWII SP guns on it's back, supporting the saucer from an AWACS.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on March 13, 2016, 08:08:30 AM
Presumably the A'Tuin version would have four German WWII SP guns on it's back, supporting the saucer from an AWACS.... ;)

Very good sir  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Bit of a dilemma on this one, the nose where the thimble radar would go is a clear, and has individual masks for the panes of glass, I can see this being a problem when blending in a said type radar. Roof mounting one, would set it pretty much in the path of the air intakes on the engines, and also could get in the way of the ejector seat hatch on the cockpit roof. Hmm, I shall ponder this whilst shoveling another metric tonne of putty into the gaps on the thing.
Chris.

Weaver

How about putting it on the nose of one of the side booms?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

You know, that could work, although it would need one on each I think to work properly.
Chris.

chrisonord

Well.....the solution to this problem was staring me in the face all along  :banghead: The nose cones on the sponsons are a suitable shape to have a radar stuck in either of them, so I shall "pretend" that they have one in each and paint the nose section of the sponsons white, with a black line behind them. Should look Soviet enough.
Chris.