HIRYU Class interplanetary tug

Started by Mr Ten, March 14, 2016, 11:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Ten

Well...  :-\
I've been off for a while, but today i'm back ! :lol:
So what's up ?
Let"s take last summer project, the interplanetary tug Hiryu... ;D

The scale is 1/144. The first pic is taken flash off. Pure scratch, of course... :rolleyes:
To be continued in... the project "deconstructed"   ;D

zenrat

Wow!
:bow:

Those small pics don't do this justice. 
Don't just peer at them folks, click on them and grokk this full screen.
I particularly like the refuelling robot.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Sure am glad I clicked on them to get the 'big picture' ! Love it ! Great job on the details and weathering, and nice to see the cockpit and figures to get an idea of the size.

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Excellent. Love the paint scheme and all the details, great work!  :bow:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mr Ten

;D Thank you  ;D
Now, let's deconstruct the project with some explanations...

Led test. Vehicles were not included at this step. The orange tractor is a nice british metal short run production (i dont remember the brand :unsure:). The kind of hummer is a japanese small model included with 1/144 gashapon-helos .
The white robot comes...  Well...  Its a silly toy (infernal mixer) from a movie with spy hamsters bought in a bargain shop.. :lol:
Once reversed and seriously repainted, it makes a convincing supply robot... :rolleyes:

About the base :
the ship is finished, but the base is now on painting phase, before worn effects. This was done with a cheap spray can for the flat earth, and Prince August base white spray can for the stripes (painted before and masked). Sides were painted in a base grey. A lot of small flaws, but no matter : the ground will be used and dirty later... :lol:
The blue tank was finally not adopted, being too bulky...

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Mr Ten

The deconstruction goes on... ;)

The ship is more or less finished, without antennas and matt varnish. Holes are made in the base for the incoming leds. You can recognize the upper hull of a M1 tank foundin a garage sale :lol:...
It was a micro-machine box in a previous life :o. The small building and the white tank come from another old micro-machine junk...

Decaling... Decaling and decaling from my stock of spares, or how to saturate blank space with fake details... :lol:

Austanker

Very cool , methinks someone is missing a Dustbuster  ;D

Mr Ten

Quote from: Austanker on April 01, 2016, 01:06:52 AM
Very cool , methinks someone is missing a Dustbuster  ;D

Eh... Eh...  ;) You are not very far... ;D But Sshhhttt...

Creating the wearing effects....

After removing masks : a lot of flaws ! In fact, i used some cheap Chinese kabuki tape, and i pay now the price... :angry:
These flaws will be erased with a fine blade (the paint is very thick), repainted, or masked with some decals/effects... :rolleyes:

The red paint (spray can for taggers/artists)

The pale yellow paint (same type of spray can)... Not very convincing actually...  :unsure: :lol:

Mr Ten

It's time to finish the deconstruction process... ;) So...  The unpainted model, now :

As you can see, the original base is bright green and black. I added some plastic card, various parts from : a btr-60 (ace model 1/72), a flower corvette (1/72 matchbox), T-34 (1/35 zvezda),
some old ugly robots by revell... And the nose is from an gotha 242 italeri (still 1/72).
The box on the top of the cabin (as the earlier red checkered robot) is an accessory from an hamster-spy-detective-movie playset. :smiley:

And to conclude this project, the main shape of course.... :lol: :lol:

It's just a vintage electric torch from the seventies... Just remove the transparent glass, add some parts...

Hey ! What did you expect !  :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:
You can leave the Earth behind with everything !!!... ;D

NARSES2

Great imagination to visualise this let alone build it  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

This is teriffic. I tentatively guessed it was an old torch, but I wasn't sure.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones