Modern IOWA battleship with helo hangar?

Started by seadude, March 17, 2016, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

There's also this variation over at Shipbucket.com, which does away with the aft turret all together-
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

I like that one. Especially with a Chinook on deck.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

That Shipbucket idea missed the secondaries - the 5" should have been replaced with more modern 5", which was planned for most of the full upgrades. And their arrangement looks like a Montana class.
And they oddly left the old 40mm and 20mm.  :roll eyes:

I've built the "FACES II" - it's about 1/800 scale.

For a hanger, one could consider a semi-suppressed space, like the Ulyanovsk DDs. There is a lift, while the hangar doesn't stick up the full height above the deck. That would cost less space below decks aft, especially if one used a scissors lift.

If you want to go further retro, in the 50s there was another proposal to add a deck with landing craft along the sides, so the ships could carry Marines and provide fire support as commando vessels. You'd have to find 50s-60s era helos for such an upgrade.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.