Boyes Discount Store - UK

Started by Mossie, March 22, 2016, 05:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Boyes have started stocking models.  They've been doing model paints (Humbrol and Vallejo) for a while, last time I went I got a surprise to see they'd started with models as well.

There's the usual Airfix and Revell, but they also had some Eduard and Hobby Boss Easy Kits, with some Academy marked on the shelf but no stock at the time.  Prices of Revell and Airfix were normal, the Hobby Boss kits were slightly discounted (can't remember the other kits prices).  I believe prices can vary store-to-store, we've got several in Hull so I'm going to check another one soon.

Worth checking to see if you've got one local, with the rise of discount stores they've been opening new ones recently.
http://www.boyes.co.uk/storelocator/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Bungle

Not many of those down South, I'm afraid. Mainly up in the grimy North with the flat caps and ferrets.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

JayBee

...and not any in God's country.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

Quote from: JayBee on March 22, 2016, 06:57:57 AM
...and not any in God's country.  :rolleyes:

didnt know u had moved to Wales Jim  ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

You forget my wife is half Welsh, but I still regard that as cheek Young person!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

Quote from: JayBee on March 22, 2016, 08:38:02 AM
You forget my wife is half Welsh, but I still regard that as cheek Young person!

hee hee. I can just see the fire that would have been forth coming if I had said England LOL.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

back on subject. I visited the Market Warsop branch while spending xmas at my brothers. I noticed they stocked Vallejio acylics as well. Didnt buy any kits, but was able to source some new display stand cloths for what I thought was a reasonable price.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mr.Creak

Quote from: Mossie on March 22, 2016, 05:25:22 AMwe've got several in Hull so I'm going to check another one soon.
Ah... Hull and Boyes.
Variously pronounced as "Boys-is" and Boy-ase".
What if... I had a brain?

Mossie

Quote from: Mr.Creak on March 22, 2016, 10:09:06 AM
"Boys-is"

That's me! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: Bungle on March 22, 2016, 05:48:23 AM
grimy

You've been in Boys-is then???  Such a shame you can't buy models in Harvey Nicks, darling! ;) ;) ;)
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Bungle

Quote from: Mossie on March 22, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
Such a shame you can't buy models in Harvey Nicks, darling!

I'll send my man to take a look.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

deathjester

Aha!!  So they've finally realised that all those paints and glues they stock are actually for model kits, eh!