Boeing P-32 "Gale", '13' of the 34th Pursuit Squadron, 17th PG, USAAC, 1936

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 24, 2016, 12:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Innerestin'.  :thumbsup:

Two small niggles:
(1) the P-29 (Model 264) was never a two-seat fighter design, nor was its predecessor the (XF7B-1) Model 273,
yes, the XF7B-1 predated the P-29 yet had a higher model number.  :blink: Both models had an enclosed cockpit
faired into the spine when first flown, (see top profile in drawing) and both had a variety of cowlings at various
times including full N.A.C.A. types.

(2) the actual XP-32 (Model 278A) was not a version of the Model 264, Wikipedia gets that from Jones U.S. Fighters
but he was wrong, Bowers' Boeing Aircraft since 1916 includes a 3-view, see below.

BTW the landing gear on the P-36/P-40 series was also a Boeing design.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 28, 2016, 02:47:27 PM

Two small niggles:
(1) the P-29 (Model 264) was never a two-seat fighter design, nor was its predecessor the (XF7B-1) Model 273,
yes, the XF7B-1 predated the P-29 yet had a higher model number.  :blink: Both models had an enclosed cockpit
faired into the spine when first flown, (see top profile in drawing) and both had a variety of cowlings at various

(2) the actual XP-32 (Model 278A) was not a version of the Model 264, Wikipedia gets that from Jones U.S. Fighters
but he was wrong, Bowers' Boeing Aircraft since 1916 includes a 3-view, see below.

Did I ever proclaim that this build was a model of the real P-32?  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 30, 2016, 01:07:04 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 28, 2016, 02:47:27 PM

Two small niggles:

Did I ever proclaim that this build was a model of the real P-32?  :rolleyes:

And this IS WhiffWorld after all......................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit