Honduras Navy Grumman Albatross.

Started by chrisonord, March 25, 2016, 10:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

During a raid on a Cartel trafficking base numerous vehicles weapons and some aircraft were seized. Usually everything gets destroyed, unless it can be pressed into service within the Honduras armed forces, but one of the aircraft was really too good to destroy. The aircraft being a recently rebuilt to zero hours  Grumman Albatross. The aircraft was painted in a civilian blue/ white with bogus serial numbers, and a hidden hold was built into the floor. The main thing about the rebuild was the new and quite powerful Turbo prop engines fitted, and also a radar. The Navy took first dibs on the aircraft, and set about converting it for search and rescue duties.

Cheers,
Chris 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Love it ! Big fan of the Albatross and that looks great. Love the colour scheme and the orange. What are the engines from ? Great job blending those in as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Thankyou CC. I am also a big fan of this aircraft, and it has been sat in the stash for several years now. It is the Revel (ex Monogram) one, I also have a monogram boxing of it too. The engines are a pair of resin ones I got from Martin H a few years back, and can't remember what they are from to be honest, but they fit well. I could not get anything to fit where the original exhausts should go to look right so went with an underside single pipe instead. The props are from the airfix Fokker friendship.
Cheers
Chris

kitnut617

I like what you did there with the conversion to turbo-props Chris, had a similar idea using nacelles from the CL-415 but I think the conversion the Tracker gets would work well too.

Quite a few real Albatross' have been converted using Andover engines and front nacelles.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Cheers Robert, I have another one which will get a similar treatment, and will be part of a "team" alongside a CL-415.
Cheers,
Chris.

ericr

lovely ; seaplanes are always beautiful ;-)

Dizzyfugu

Sweet.  :thumbsup:

Middle and South America deserve more whiffing attention.

NARSES2

That works really well, well done mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Lovely scheme, and well executed!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Army of One

Oh mate.......great work......love it...so great to have you back......the only thing I'd be tempted to add would be a thin red prop warning stripe on the fuselage for the prop arc.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

chrisonord

Quote from: Army of One on March 26, 2016, 01:23:42 PM
Oh mate.......great work......love it...so great to have you back......the only thing I'd be tempted to add would be a thin red prop warning stripe on the fuselage for the prop arc.....
Now there's an idea, I will get rummaging  :banghead:
Chris

Army of One

Quote from: chrisonord on March 26, 2016, 02:09:29 PM
Chris

Mate.....an observation......not a criticism......i love it......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: Army of One on March 26, 2016, 03:08:42 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on March 26, 2016, 02:09:29 PM
Chris

Mate.....an observation......not a criticism......i love it......
I pressed the wrong emoticon, I meant to put the thumbs up.
Cheers.
Chris.