1965 Chevrolet Stepside Pickup

Started by zenrat, March 28, 2016, 01:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

What if...

...I built one OOB?
We'll never know.  Although it may look like I did this one has had the wheels and the induction changed.
'65 Stepside built as Revell intended apart from wheels and tyres from a Mobius Batmobile ('66 Barris version - accept no substitutes) and with the small block chevy engine equipped with Sprint Car fuel injection from www.thepartsbox.com.
Even the paint and decals are as per the box art except for the white roof and grille surround.
Paint is Ford Tropicana Green decanted from a rattle can using the "big nail" technique after the nozzle clogged.
Oh, and I did a RHD conversion.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Can't build cars/trucks etc for toffee but I can admire the work of those who can  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vorcha

Looks awesome! I love the engine  :smiley:
paper boy

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Uh, pretty!  :thumbsup: The green/white flames look cool together with the metal flakes.

JayBee

Quote from: zenrat on March 28, 2016, 01:04:35 AM
I did a RHD conversion.

So is that an Oz number plate?

Apart from that little question, that looks absolutely fab.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Quote from: JayBee on March 29, 2016, 11:54:34 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 28, 2016, 01:04:35 AM
I did a RHD conversion.

So is that an Oz number plate?

Apart from that little question, that looks absolutely fab.  :thumbsup:

That is a Victorian Number plate.  Like in the US, each Australian state (or territory) has it's own letter/number layout and colour combination.
Ours were until recently three letters followed by three numbers in blue on white.
Each state has a slogan along the bottom of the plates.  Ours were "Victoria - On The Move" and "Victoria - The Place To Be" but again have changed recently.  When I print plates for 1/25 cars I tend to change the slogan to things such as "Victoria - It's A Gas" (for gassers), "Victoria - State of Grace", "Victoria - State of Mind" or "Victoria - Better than NSW".

Of course, things get more complicated when you start looking at custom plates.

Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 30, 2016, 03:26:56 AM

Why do I have this feeling that putting Wile E. Coyote (Supa Genius) tags on your car will result in spectacular acts of Warner Bros. physics...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I wasn't aware you'd seen me drive...

Personally I am against custom plates as they make your car far too distinctive and it's easier to remember ZENRAT than PXS957 when reporting bad driving behaviour to the cops.
Fred

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 28, 2016, 06:36:26 AM
Can't build cars/trucks etc for toffee but I can admire the work of those who can  :thumbsup:

Firmly with you on that.  My attempts all seem to fall well short as well :rolleyes: :-\l.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 31, 2016, 01:37:19 AM

Didn't you know the Republic of Tsingtao is keeping tabs on the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria? ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on March 31, 2016, 02:44:27 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 31, 2016, 01:37:19 AM

Didn't you know the Republic of Tsingtao is keeping tabs on the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria? ;D

Well I do now.  <turns paranoia setting up another notch>
Fred

chrisonord

That is really nice. I have never never done a car kit before, but would like to give something like this a go.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Great job on the build and she looks like a shrunken real deal ! I would love to cruise the streets in that thing.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks guys.
I was sat next to a BRIGHT yellow Chevy Apache at the lights today.
Fred