60 Sqn Lightning F6 VGA

Started by Gondor, March 31, 2016, 02:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2017, 12:24:16 PM
It doesn't look rough to me Alastair, it looks pretty darn sharp.  :thumbsup:

That's because your way down south near the Severn estuary Kit while I am way up just past the Antoine wall so it looks great from that distance. When you get to see it up close at Telford you will see that it's not great.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Looks good to me mate, excellent metal finish  :thumbsup:

North of the Antoine Wall ? Interesting, if asked I'd have said you were just a shade south. You live and learn  :thumbsup: Just looked it up on a map and I really did think it was farther north than it is. However looking at the map of Scotland I really should of realised where it was  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

Wonderful job, will it be on the SIG stand at Telford? Might help me sell some more, as I just got some from the caster who accidently sent wrong sets!

Colin

Gondor

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 21, 2017, 05:55:58 AM
Wonderful job, will it be on the SIG stand at Telford? Might help me sell some more, as I just got some from the caster who occidentally sent wrong sets!

Colin

Yes Colin it will be there, which SIG stand it will be on I don't know as its eligible for both Project Cancelled and What-if

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on October 21, 2017, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 21, 2017, 05:55:58 AM
Wonderful job, will it be on the SIG stand at Telford? Might help me sell some more, as I just got some from the caster who occidentally sent wrong sets!

Colin

Yes Colin it will be there, which SIG stand it will be on I don't know as its eligible for both Project Cancelled and What-if

Gondor

If things are arranged as they usually are the two stands are next door to each other, and quite often merge into each other.

You could put your Lightning across the joint if you like.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Perhaps Kit I should have it swing between one and the other?

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Move it every hour on the hour. That'll mystify the JMNs, they'll think they're seeing double.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I think Colin means he'd like to borrow it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Freightdog862

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 23, 2017, 07:48:11 PM

I'm glad it will be there, but I don't want to borrow it as someone would no doubt drop something on it reaching over my stand. Have you any idea the devastation that a £2 coin can cause from a height of just two feet!?  ;)

Colin   

Gondor

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 25, 2017, 05:18:14 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 23, 2017, 07:48:11 PM

I'm glad it will be there, but I don't want to borrow it as someone would no doubt drop something on it reaching over my stand. Have you any idea the devastation that a £2 coin can cause from a height of just two feet!?  ;)

Colin

Your very considerate Colin. If you can find a perspex box for it to fit into then you will be welcome to borrow the model. Other than that it will be on one or other of the SIG stands.

Gondor

Martin H

Its a well built model thats for sure. After all it survived a rather heavy landing at Glasgow.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on October 25, 2017, 08:16:13 AM
Its a well built model that's for sure. After all it survived a rather heavy landing at Glasgow.

Well the undercarriage is superglued in place as are the wings to go along with the mixed media that's been used to produce the model. As for other parts of the construction that's not quite so good. I botched the leading edge/fuselage joint on both sides and the underside of the fuel tank/gun area has a seam line showing  :banghead:

Looks great from the other side of the table though  ;D

Gondor

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on October 25, 2017, 09:16:59 AM
Well the undercarriage is superglued in place as are the wings to go along with the mixed media that's been used to produce the model. As for other parts of the construction that's not quite so good. I botched the leading edge/fuselage joint on both sides and the underside of the fuel tank/gun area has a seam line showing  :banghead:

Looks great from the other side of the table though  ;D

Gondor

Minor details, overall it looks very good.  :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

A final addition to the build  ;D

Thorvic lent me a boarding ladder for the Lightning at the Glasgow show. That triggered a memory of one somewhere in the stash and while looking for a spare nose wheel for a TSR2 I found the ladder by P.P.Aeroparts, dated 1984 and it still had a price label on it for a whole £1.50  :o

Needless to say that in the meantime I had ordered a new ladder from the big yellow H by Flightpath. The difference in the level of detail between the two is similar to the differences between Airfix airliners and the latest releases such as the Lightening I am fitting the ladder to.

Anyway, after a short time I had the following

And here it is with a 2:1 scale finger  ;D

It's now sitting near the front door having been given a coat of Fiat Broom Yellow. Tomorrow I will paint the part where it is being held and then in the evening I will glue it to the side of the aircraft to go with the open cockpit. Well it had to be glued open after the effort I put into the seat.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Which ladder did you use Alastair?

That one in the pic looks very PP Aeroparts, I've got quite a few of them myself.

Regards
Kit