DONE +++ SEPECAT Cheetah GR.2, 2 Sq. RAF Germany (Laarbruch), late Eighties

Started by Dizzyfugu, April 02, 2016, 10:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

That's excellent: like you say, highly credible too. There were plans for a smaller, single-seat Tornado variant (favoured by Germany and Italy) and the supersonic trainer work that lead to the Jaguar also included some VG options, so they could all have met in the middle with something very like this.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

Both of these cheetahs are awesome!
Pulled out the half finished Mitsubishi F-1 from the drawer of forgotten builds. I also have another SU-22 laying around too. Time to compare the two.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

sandiego89

Nice!  Turned out really well. 

Only down side would be that without the external tanks the low fuel light would likely come on as the gear was retracted  ;D- but plenty of time to drop a nuke on the incoming Warsaw pact horde....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on April 15, 2016, 12:03:44 PM

Only down side would be that without the external tanks the low fuel light would likely come on as the gear was retracted  ;D

Any previous Lightning pilots would feel right at home then.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Inspired by both Dizzy's and Devilfish's SEPECAT Cheetahs, I created the Interceptor version of the Cheetah, the F3, enjoy!

Cheetah F3 users:

No. 1435 Flight:
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 17, 2016, 01:59:52 AM
Shouldn't the 'winders be on TOP of the wings?  ;D :lol:

Not in my (whiff)world.  IMO stores belong under the wings not on top.  They'd get wet when flying in the rain otherwise...
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nighthunter

Quote from: zenrat on April 18, 2016, 02:20:12 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 17, 2016, 01:59:52 AM
Shouldn't the 'winders be on TOP of the wings?  ;D :lol:

Not in my (whiff)world.  IMO stores belong under the wings not on top.  They'd get wet when flying in the rain otherwise...
;D

ROFL!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Zero-Sen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 02, 2016, 10:12:16 AMA short notice submission, triggered by Devilfish's currebnt wonderful SEPECAT Cheetah build - a VG Jaguar with Tornado wings (check this here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,42013.0.html). I had a similar idea for a while, but with a different wing donor from a MiG-23S, which should be easy to integrate into the Jaguar fuselage because both aircraft have very similar dimensions and layouts.
Well the funny thing is that I had a very similar idea for a while too...

However it is nice to see it in plastic...

Best Regards,

José

Dizzyfugu

Cool. I was not aware of this CG design - but eventually it saw a double interpretation in hardware form now.  ;D