2016/2017 GB Ideas

Started by NARSES2, April 04, 2016, 06:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right I'll organise the poll for this years Group Builds once the current one is finished in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime we need to have ideas for the poll.

I will kick it off with those ideas that lost out in the last poll plus the couple of suggestions that have been made since. So please add your suggestion in this thread and then I will consolidate the list and organise the poll as and when the Cold War GB finishes.

Chris

Current suggestions :-

Sci Fi
Africarama
Primary Colour GB
Future Combat
Captured during a war
Emergency Vehicles
Vice/Versa - Piston to jet/jet to piston etc
Bad idea
Creative junk
Helicopter
Builds from or inspired by the profiles
In the Navy
Make it faster
Model your surname (pick a country that starts with a letter in your surname and model something that also starts with a letter in your surname)
Super/Comic heroes
Frog/Novo/Old kit based
Military to civil and vice versa
Spirit of 67 - Hippyise it
Going to extremes
No WWI/WWII - what would have been developed. You could have a world without either or both world wars
The Empire survives. Pick an Empire and what would have happened if it had survived to modern times. Macedonian, Roman, Han, Napoleonic, British are just some of the empires you could pick.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'd like to add a couple.

Eye in the Sky -  Surveillance, reconnaissance, spotter, search & rescue, fire watcher.  Any aircraft whose raison d'ĂȘtre is to look rather than destroy.

Sky Pirates.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

In the Navy sounds good. As well as anything involving ships, helicopters and armour.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

I know I've been suggesting it to deafening silence for years, but since 2017 is the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love, it would seem a particularly apt time to run the Spirit of '67 GB I've suggested. Basically, hippyize anything, so it's wide open to all forms of transport (or even buildings) and all forms of whiffery from models to profiles to stories.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Zombolt

Ace Combat Group Build? This year is the 20th Anniversary of the Flight action game, and the Universe has some nice world building for some interesting Wiffs?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on April 05, 2016, 04:03:24 AM

This would also go for "Build a Vanship". Maybe very specific and exotic, but there are actually some scratch build out there, besides the Hasegawa kit(s), and after building my 1:48 racer I must say that the topic is both challenging and fun, because this is so different from anything else and even offers some Steampunk/retro style potential.

Bungle

How about a "Ten Year" Group Build (with a possible two year extension). Might just get something finished in time.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Librarian

Quote from: Weaver on April 05, 2016, 06:28:06 AM
I know I've been suggesting it to deafening silence for years, but since 2017 is the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love, it would seem a particularly apt time to run the Spirit of '67 GB I've suggested. Basically, hippyize anything, so it's wide open to all forms of transport (or even buildings) and all forms of whiffery from models to profiles to stories.

That could be a lot of fun...Mystery Machines, flowers etc...if you can build a pink Wildcat with Hello Kitty decals :wub: then anything's possible.

Hawker Hendrix
Douglas Dylan
etc etc ;D

Weaver

Quote from: Librarian on April 07, 2016, 02:48:19 AM

That could be a lot of fun...Mystery Machines, flowers etc...if you can build a pink Wildcat with Hello Kitty decals :wub: then anything's possible.

Hawker Hendrix
Douglas Dylan
etc etc ;D

You could have a flying machine named after a famous American president called the Jefferson Airplane... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Dork the kit slayer

I know I've been suggesting it to deafening silence for years,

For some of us, the 60s were too good to us,we'll get around to talking about it when the rainbow fades............................what was the question :rolleyes:

Like man you know thats like really heavy.......................
:blink:  :blink:

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Weaver

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on April 07, 2016, 03:06:47 AM
I know I've been suggesting it to deafening silence for years,

For some of us, the 60s were too good to us,we'll get around to talking about it when the rainbow fades............................what was the question :rolleyes:

Like man you know thats like really heavy.......................
:blink:  :blink:

It's true that if you can remember the '60s you wern't really trying hard enough, but fortunately(?), other people were taking pictures.... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Librarian

"They're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over and there's going to be a lot of refugees"  ;)

I'm almost glad I caught it by nine months.

zenrat

A Hippy GB would be perfect for my planned Scooby Gang Boxcar.

How about a biplane GB?  With rigging compulsory... :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Librarian on April 07, 2016, 03:38:37 AM
"They're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over and there's going to be a lot of refugees"  ;)

I'm almost glad I caught it by nine months.

I caught it by just over two years, but it didn't make much impression on me since Stockport wasn't exactly the centre of swinging society and y'know, I was two... Life around here was more like Get Carter than Woodstock in those days. The only hippy shop we had was called Seven Miles Out because that's how far away from Manchester (and anything trendy) we are. Says it all really....  :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on April 07, 2016, 03:51:22 AM
How about a biplane GB?  With rigging compulsory... :wacko:

That's going to see a run on Henschel Hs 123 kits.... ;D

- Indiana Jones