Lair Of The Howling Mouse

Started by John Howling Mouse, October 31, 2004, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

The reworked (basement) modeling shop.  Side-by-side stations so my local buddies can share.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

John Howling Mouse

Wide shot of both modeling stations.  All overhead cabinets had to be hung on a exo-wall I had to build (stupid aluminum studs!) and the cabinet doors have either mounted bulletin boards and/or magnetic/white-boards.  Lots of lights and plenty of electrical powerbars everywhere...

^_^  

Captain Canada

Geez.....after seeing that, I hope I do get shipped out to Nisku for a week or two this winter !

But then again, I'll have to buy my own beer !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

Damn you man-ho!  I envy your modeling basement!  I hope I get to have a cool basement like that when I get a house!

PS good to know you're able to post again.  When'd that happen and/or what did you do?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

elmayerle

All I can say is, "Damn, I'm envious!!"
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

1.  damn that place in neat and tidy!

2.  Barry, you forget the models!

3.  Theres no (by now obligatory) picture of Mrs Hitler with a demeaning caption!  :P

Other than that it looks awesome  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Looks bigger than my house  :(  :D
Cool  :wub:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Hobbes

Ooh, nice. It's way too clean, though. Any modeller worth his salt has half-completed models, loose parts and sprues strewn all over  :P  

Joe C-P

QuoteOoh, nice. It's way too clean, though. Any modeller worth his salt has half-completed models, loose parts and sprues strewn all over  :P
Agreed, the place is far too neat and tidy. My workspace lasts about 10 seconds in that condition, in between projects.

Flat, smooth floor - excellent! Could be a little brighter color. Sweep it often, so you don't confuse the grunge with "ping"ed parts.

JoeP  :cheers:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

noxioux

Geez, John.  All that order and neatness.  My Wal-Mart card table is pretty lame by comparison.  You should post pics of it while in use.  There's no way you can keep it that clean all the time!

Gary

Geezzzeeeeuusssssss Ceeeeeerrriiiiisssssttttt!

You lucky son of a @#*&%!

I can't believe it.

You get to build models

You're allowed to have friends, and even allowed to have them over

Yer wife is right some pretty and wears thigh high leather boots to play tag in. ( I'm still kinda baffled by that one)

Next you'll be telling us you have sex on a regular basis.

Where the hell do I find some rope to hang myself!
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

3.  Theres no (by now obligatory) picture of Mrs Hitler with a demeaning caption!  :P

I think I saw her in the middle square of the cork-board above JHM's bench, keeping an eye on him ! No demeaning comments to be found, tho......

And watch out, JHM, I may be heading to Nisku as early as tomorrow !

I'll bring the Big Chief beef jerky, if you supply the glue and paints !

;)  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Allan

C'mon Baz,

That floor looks far too clean and tidy!

How do you ever expect to lose parts on that floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is really a wonderful sanctum sanctorum.

All you have to do is have a standing order at the local pizza shop and settle in for some serious modelling.

Allan in Canberra

John Howling Mouse

QuoteNext you'll be telling us you have sex on a regular basis.
Well, Ms. Hitler does keep trying to trick me into all that but it makes my hands shakey for painting models and such, plus it seems like such a distraction from the really important things like modeling and this forum so I like to abstain as much as possible.

NARF!!!!    :P