Piasecki Helicopters What-Ifs

Started by Weaver, April 11, 2016, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Quote from: Weaver on April 19, 2016, 03:57:13 PM
Well Bristol mostly used names of palaces or stately homes beginning with 'B'....

Alternatively, given it's shape, how about a Bristol Boomerang?
Good point! I'll have to think about that. I'll get back to you.

In the meantime I've started going through the back issues of the AAD saving interesting H-21 pics/news snippets for future builds, as well as trying to find the elusive B-29-turreted version.

...I just found an article farewelling the type from Army service, so it can't have been in the Digest. I'll keep you posted!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

For a joke, you could give it a 'palace' name of somewhere that definately does NOT have a royal palace: Basingstoke.

Nah, Bristol Brentford mate, 'innit..............  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 20, 2016, 01:36:04 AM

For a joke, you could give it a 'palace' name of somewhere that definately does NOT have a royal palace: Basingstoke.

Nah, Bristol Brentford mate, 'innit..............  ;D :lol:

Bristol Bolton, Bradford, Bacup, Bakewell, Buxton.

n.b. Bakewell used to have a castle but it was destroyed in the civil war. Bit of a history rewrite and you could actually use it. Since Bakewell is principally know for it's distinctive pies and tarts, you can imagine the service humour.... :wacko:

Beeston would be a non-comedy possibility.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Paint it pink and call it the Bristol Brighton (which has Palace Pier and The Pavilion).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2016, 03:07:22 AM
Paint it pink and call it the Bristol Brighton (which has Palace Pier and The Pavilion).

PMSL, yeah, you could say that the original 'arctic red' faded due to a paint-mixing error..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on April 20, 2016, 04:35:25 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2016, 03:07:22 AM

PMSL, yeah, you could say that the original 'arctic red' faded due to a paint-mixing error..... :wacko:

And then equip it with the old style blimp style lighted reader board on the belly and multiple speakers ala US Vietnam war psy-ops choppers.

Perhaps advertising service in the colonies?  :ph34r:  :rolleyes: