New Godzilla Trailer

Started by scooter, April 14, 2016, 06:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Toho's newest return of Gojira- Godzilla Resurgence.  Looks a lot better than the Bryan Cranston movie
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

That's got the true spirit, not the Hollywood junk version.

Ifor

I'm sure I've read they are looking to rematch King Kong with Godzilla. Nectar from the gods

scooter

And those are definitely not Tamiya or Hasegawa models being used...  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

rickshaw

Quote from: scooter on April 14, 2016, 02:25:49 PM

Nope,  I can see the entire Japanese armoured force there, I think...  ;D

Good to see the Japanese reclaiming Gorjilla from Hollywood who as usual, butchered his image.   I will definitely be seeing this one (along with my kids who love a good Gorjilla movie).   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: rickshaw on April 14, 2016, 05:10:07 PM
Quote from: scooter on April 14, 2016, 02:25:49 PM

Nope,  I can see the entire Japanese armoured force there, I think...  ;D

Good to see the Japanese reclaiming Gorjilla from Hollywood who as usual, butchered his image.   I will definitely be seeing this one (along with my kids who love a good Gorjilla movie).   :thumbsup:

I think you mean Gojira ;), and it's not a matter of reclaiming anything, Toho put the big lizard on hiatus in 2004 and announced
at that time that they wouldn't make another Gojira film for a decade, true to their word the upcoming film went into production in 2014. Toho
licensed the property to Legendary Films, the producers of the 2014 film, and they will be making more films, but as properties  separate from
the Toho universe (Toho themselves have rebooted the Godzilla series twice and each separate series ignores events of the previous, only the
original film is shared in each set), next up is King Kong: Skull Island which will set the stage for the rest of the Super-Kaiju series. Mothra,
Rodan and King Ghidorah will also be making an appearance at some point, along with more all new kaiju.

Personally, I liked the 2014 film, it's just as silly as any other Gojira film. ;D

zenrat

Excellent.  Even if its a GCI'd 'zilla its been CGI'd to look like a man in a rubber suit and is thus already far superior to all the Hollywood non rubber suit Godzilla flicks
Can't wait to see it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..