5 (8.8%)
Gerry Anderson/Super Comic Heros/Villains
3 (5.3%)
Creative Junk/Snap Fit
6 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 01, 2016, 02:49:49 AM

NARSES2

Right here is the poll for the choice of this coming season's GB's. As per usual we will have 3 (plus the 1 week GB which kicks off next week) and provisionally they will be June/Aug : Sep/Nov : Dec/Feb. each will be 13 weeks with 2 weeks allowed for the inevitable extension.

Some explanations for a couple of the categories. The discussion threads will have more information :-

Vice/Verse : For example you can convert an aircraft to helicopter ; military to civil ; Jet to propeller etc and any other switch your fertile minds can come up with.

Anniversary : If this comes into the top 3 we will have a run off vote to pick the actual anniversary (or more likely year) to be modelled.

Paint shop in a time warp : paint a WW! subject in WWII or modern colours or WWII in WWI or Modern or Modern in WWI/WWII etc

The Lets be Different GB : This is the category where I've included those subjects nominated that I don't feel stand much of a chance on their own but may just get a sniff if grouped with other like minded ideas. If it comes in the top 3 you will have to choose one of these sub categories :- Primary Colour GB : Model Your Surname GB : Going to Extremes GB : Surname to Country GB : Magic No GB :

You can see a further discussion of these categories in the discussion thread

10 days to vote and the top 3 go through. There will be a run off in the event of a tie.

I also need volunteers to moderate. Without moderators it will be difficult to run them. So if you would like to help please put your hand up now

Thanks

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Voted! I even have kits in the stash for my choices (but will likely buy more, shhhh don't tell Mrs. Sandiego89)

Thank you Chris!

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

loupgarou

Voted. I hope "In the Navy" doesn't mean just the usual RN or USN ones, but ANY navy in the world, like the austrian or the swiss ones... ;D

BTW, I'd like to thank all the volunteer moderators. I am enjoying the forum and the various GB very much, even if I never seem to be able to build anything. :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

crudebuteffective

hi

I am happy to moderate again

CBE
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

zenrat

Please don't vote for the Frog/Novo GB (which I assume will include A Model, Mach 2, PM et al).  Its bad enough that I bought the things.  I shouldn't have to build them as well...
:o

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 12:26:01 AM
Please don't vote for the Frog/Novo GB (which I assume will include A Model, Mach 2, PM et al).  Its bad enough that I bought the things.  I shouldn't have to build them as well...

No no no!  That's what they are for!!

If this does become a GB then http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=0b7cea5be7b907ca030348871eb7bf6f and http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=0b7cea5be7b907ca030348871eb7bf6f can help identify what should be within scope.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 12:26:01 AM

What's wrong with Frog/Novo kits?  :o I consider them perfectly normal kits to build. ;D On the other side, I stopped modelling around 1974, and re-started recently, buying old kits... don't think I have any "modern/newfangled" Tamigawa style ones.  ;D
BTW, I don't think any A Model, Mach 2, PM etc is of Frog origin, a Frog/Novo GB should include only Frog-spawn kits. ;)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

So its not just a "bad kit" GB?  It is specifically Frog/Novo kits?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

I got a couple of cheap Frog Arado Ar-234's recently and they look very nice (and have LOTS of spare bits for whiffery).

On the other hand, you get things like the Gannet, which manage to simultaneously feature:

Too much plastic where you don't want it
(the u/c bays are incorrectly faired over and there's a totally spurious grill in the intakes)

AND

Too little plastic where you do want it
(nothing in the cockpit except two heads on a shelf)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 04:43:46 AM
So its not just a "bad kit" GB?  It is specifically Frog/Novo kits?

It's not a "bad kit" GB as that would be to subjective (besides not everyone has 15 Unicraft kits in their stash !). It's really an "old kit" GB. I'm assuming Frog/Novo was a term employed to indicate that. So any early (and that to is subjective  :banghead:) kits would be included. So Frog/Novo, early Airfix, Revell, Lindberg, Aurora etc. We can argue about what early means latter. My personal preference would be pre 1980, but as said we can argue about that latter. The date agreed would also be for the original tooling, not latter reissues like the eternally issued Airfix Comet.

Please correct me if I missunderstood Dave I think it was your original idea

Quote from: crudebuteffective on April 22, 2016, 10:04:31 AM
hi

I am happy to moderate again

CBE

Thank you sir, duly noted  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Ah, I see.
So thinking of my stash the Airfix Grumman Duck, SM79 & Rotodyne and the original Revell FW200 (all those lovely rivets) spring to mind.
I can do something with them.

Vote away everyone.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 05:42:50 AM
Ah, I see.
So thinking of my stash the Airfix Grumman Duck, SM79 & Rotodyne and the original Revell FW200 (all those lovely rivets) spring to mind.
I can do something with them.

Vote away everyone.

Yup, that's the way I see it anyway

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 23, 2016, 05:30:59 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 04:43:46 AM
So its not just a "bad kit" GB?  It is specifically Frog/Novo kits?

It's not a "bad kit" GB as that would be to subjective (besides not everyone has 15 Unicraft kits in their stash !). It's really an "old kit" GB. I'm assuming Frog/Novo was a term employed to indicate that. So any early (and that to is subjective  :banghead:) kits would be included. So Frog/Novo, early Airfix, Revell, Lindberg, Aurora etc. We can argue about what early means latter. My personal preference would be pre 1980, but as said we can argue about that latter. The date agreed would also be for the original tooling, not latter reissues like the eternally issued Airfix Comet.

Please correct me if I missunderstood Dave I think it was your original idea

Aaah... now is clearer. BUT, the cut-off date would be for tooling OR issue? In the first case, the Airfix Comet (still from the old tools) would be OK, not in the second, but I think also the Duck and the SM 79 have been reissued post 1980 (or am I wrong?)