5 (8.8%)
Gerry Anderson/Super Comic Heros/Villains
3 (5.3%)
Creative Junk/Snap Fit
6 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 01, 2016, 02:49:49 AM

kitbasher

There's nothing wrong with a Frog Gannet that 4 x ex-Me262 Jumos can't fix.

I have the parts.
I have the idea.
I have an Attacker to take a knife to as well.
Bring on the GB.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

crudebuteffective

oh come on people what about NO FIGURES there must be other uniform lovers out there

RANT BUTTON OFF
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

kerick

Frog/Novo old kit GB would be OK as I know I have several dogs in the stash. One is the chrome plated OV-10 in 1/48th.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Looking like about an 8-horse race, at the moment. :blink:

:tank: :tornado:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on April 23, 2016, 08:28:11 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 23, 2016, 05:30:59 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 04:43:46 AM
So its not just a "bad kit" GB?  It is specifically Frog/Novo kits?

It's not a "bad kit" GB as that would be to subjective (besides not everyone has 15 Unicraft kits in their stash !). It's really an "old kit" GB. I'm assuming Frog/Novo was a term employed to indicate that. So any early (and that to is subjective  :banghead:) kits would be included. So Frog/Novo, early Airfix, Revell, Lindberg, Aurora etc. We can argue about what early means latter. My personal preference would be pre 1980, but as said we can argue about that latter. The date agreed would also be for the original tooling, not latter reissues like the eternally issued Airfix Comet.

Please correct me if I missunderstood Dave I think it was your original idea

Aaah... now is clearer. BUT, the cut-off date would be for tooling OR issue? In the first case, the Airfix Comet (still from the old tools) would be OK, not in the second, but I think also the Duck and the SM 79 have been reissued post 1980 (or am I wrong?)

Tooling surely?.  As long as it hasn't been modified then it remains the same kit is was when first produced.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

the eternally issued Airfix Comet.

Oi, you leave the Airfix Comet alone - precisely the sort of old kit one can have bags of fun with.

Yes a complete pile of junk if you want to do a serious build, but for chopping and rearranging.....c'mon!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 10:39:06 PM

It's not a "bad kit" GB as that would be to subjective (besides not everyone has 15 Unicraft kits in their stash !). It's really an "old kit" GB. I'm assuming Frog/Novo was a term employed to indicate that. So any early (and that to is subjective  :banghead:) kits would be included. So Frog/Novo, early Airfix, Revell, Lindberg, Aurora etc. We can argue about what early means latter. My personal preference would be pre 1980, but as said we can argue about that latter. The date agreed would also be for the original tooling, not latter reissues like the eternally issued Airfix Comet.

Aaah... now is clearer. BUT, the cut-off date would be for tooling OR issue? In the first case, the Airfix Comet (still from the old tools) would be OK, not in the second, but I think also the Duck and the SM 79 have been reissued post 1980 (or am I wrong?)

Tooling surely?.  As long as it hasn't been modified then it remains the same kit is was when first produced.

But what if it has been modified though? Is an old Airfix Lightning still 'old' if it's the F.3 version that they made by modding the F.1 mould?

How about the Angel Interceptor, where they actually made it worse by converting it to snap-fit?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2016, 06:13:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2016, 10:39:06 PM

But what if it has been modified though? Is an old Airfix Lightning still 'old' if it's the F.3 version that they made by modding the F.1 mould?

How about the Angel Interceptor, where they actually made it worse by converting it to snap-fit?

Maybe we allow modified tooling if they made the kit "worse"?
I had a look in my stash cupboard today.  The issue of the Airfix Grumman Duck I have is made with moulds so worn the raised rib detail on the upper wing is almost smooth along the centre of the wing.
The Revell Condor is 1971 issue and the Airfix SM79 is an original red stripe issue from 1967 and is therefore the same age as me.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Sorry I thought I was clearer. Old kits would be date of tooling, not issue.

As for modified tools. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not going there  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Can all remaining voters please vote for Bad Idea.  I have something very silly I want to do to a Spitfire...

;D
Fred

NARSES2

3/4 days to go depending on where in the world you are and it's all very tight. To be honest the ones in front actually suprise me a little but then "you" lot are full of suprises  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2016, 06:43:27 AM
3/4 days

Before Mr Zenrat picks me up on it thats 3 to 4 days not three quarters of a day  ;D ;D I have a reputation for being a bit like that so it must be the Crystal Palace/Croydon air ?  :rolleyes:

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2016, 06:45:11 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2016, 06:43:27 AM
3/4 days

Before Mr Zenrat picks me up on it thats 3 to 4 days not three quarters of a day  ;D ;D I have a reputation for being a bit like that so it must be the Crystal Palace/Croydon air ?  :rolleyes:

So in this case you mean Crystal Palace to Croydon, NOT an arithmetic division of Crystal Palace by Croydon ?  :rolleyes: ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

I knew there would be one !!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Gondor

Should have been 3-4 not 3/4  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....