Fallen Warrior

Started by tc2324, April 26, 2016, 10:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Not a `what if` as such, (unless the question is `what if I found a Corsair wreck in the middle of no where..?), but rather an experiment in `wreck` building.

Fallen Warrior
F4U Corsair
Abandoned wreck somewhere in the Pacific
1960`s

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Army of One

I like the combat damage especially to the tail........a question if i may......would the markings fade to a lighter colour of the original as opposed to silver as the airframe.....?  I'm not sure myself.........without looking at stuff myself.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Maybe the wind blown sand wore most of the paint off?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Good experiment, always good to practice with weathering processes.  It is an elusive art (for me anyway).  Nice job.

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Weaver

That looks good - I always like crashed/wrecked models. Well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

That looks great, nice one  :thumbsup:
chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Nice job on the faded paint and markings. I would suggest some furrows in the dirt from the aircraft sliding to a stop. Even after a few years deep ones would be visible. Just my $0.02 worth.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Snowtrooper

The weathering looks very believable.

However, what happened to the pilot? Did he manage to exit through that sharp-edged hole in the canopy, or did he close the canopy after climbing out? I mean, after 20 years the skeleton would still be in the pit if he didn't get out, and at least I can't see one...

tc2324

Thanks chaps for the comments.  :thumbsup:

As mentioned, all just a bit of fun and experimentation and I`m afraid I didn`t really give too much thought to a backstory as such.

That part I`ll leave to the viewer.  ;)
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

perttime

Wing and stab look pretty intact?

This one came from a lake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_F2A_Buffalo

zenrat

Good job on the weathering TC.

That Buffalo is seriously weathered.  I'm planning something in a similar condition.  Not a plane though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Cool.  I love the Shack in the desert.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2016, 03:26:57 AM
Cool.  I love the Shack in the desert.

That's 'Pelican 16', she was en route to the UK for the air display season in 1994 when a double engine failure on the same wing caused the crash landing in the Sahara. It's an epic tale, not the least because 'pelican 16' was the first SAAF Shackleton, and the first to be restored etc. etc. Very sad.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

As an experiment I'd call that a successful one  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.