One Week Zlin v1.2 pics page 3

Started by zenrat, April 28, 2016, 02:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I'm champing at the bit raring to go.

Here's the kit...

...and here's what's inside.

Its a Hobby Boss 1/72 Zlin Z-42M Easy Assemble Authentic Kit.  A massively complex kit with a parts count of 13 which is oddly moulded mostly in clear.  I have thrown into the box the float sprue from a Hasegawa Curtiss Seagull and couple of Frogspawn Dewoitine D520 wings.

Nothing left to do now but watch the clock...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Quote from: zenrat on April 28, 2016, 02:31:34 AM
.....A massively complex kit with a parts count of 13 which is oddly moulded mostly in clear.  I have thrown into the box the float sprue from a Hasegawa Curtiss Seagull and couple of Frogspawn...

Nice Fred, hope you have step by step instructions!  Strange she is in clear, guess it makes having the windows easier.  Request a scale reference during the build, like a paint bottle, so we can see how tiny she is.

-Dave.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

The canopy is a separate part so there is no real glazing related reason for having most of it clear.
I did think maybe it is because the clear styrene is less prone to sink marks which might be more likely with such large and complex parts.
Or maybe there is a Wonder Woman boxing I don't know about?

I will photograph it with an internationally recognised reference object.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

sandiego89

Thanks- also looks like you have a candidate for largest box size to kit size ratio! 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Some progress.  With a bottle of Micro Sol for scale.

Yes, huge box Dave but it is age 14+  :o
It's not the smallest 1/72 aircraft I have.  That honour goes to the Fine Molds Porco Rosso Curtiss.

As I won't be using the undercarriage the parts count is down to 10.  Add the pieces of Dewoitine wing, float halves, wing floats and struts and its up to a grand total of 26 parts.
I was planning to do it in NMF with car spray but not unless the weather improves.  I was cold & raining today and I sprayed another fuselage silver - due to the dankness it looks just like oxidised aluminium.  Good to know but not what I was looking for.

Fred

PR19_Kit

What a neat looking aeroplane, I really like that.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Today's update.
Other than the canopy and 4 float struts you see all the parts in this picture.

Primer seems to be a bit hot for the clear styrene it's mostly moulded from and there is a texture appearing.  I'm hoping a light sand will settle it.

Fred

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Day 3.
Minor fillering on the wing floats and to close the undercarriage holes.  Dashboard decal in place.  Fuselage upper painted and cleared ready for decaling.  Prop blades painted.  Interior detail painted & cleared.
Porco Rosso Curtiss photographed next to it to show its not as small as it looks.
Fred

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Day 4.

Have I done anything other than rearrange the parts?

Yes.  I painted some masking tape to make seat belts from, sanded the filler on and primed the lower fuselage float and wings and wing floats, glued the dashboard in place and painted the canopy framing.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 02, 2016, 02:40:43 AM

Have I done anything other than rearrange the parts?

Isn't that the essence of Whiffing anyway?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Tiny little thing eh ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Certainly not the biggest kit in my stash.

Day 5.
Silver paint, clear, decalling, seat belts.  A good day.
Then went to polish the metaliser on the canopy and found it didn't like sticking to the clear and polished right off.  Repainted with silver enamel.  Doesn't look as good but it'll stay put.
Just chucked it together for the photo.  Not glued it yet.

Fred