Finished - Boulton Paul Sea Defiant defiantly built in one week

Started by Bungle, April 29, 2016, 02:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Not again !

After my decision to make a il-28 for the last GB and finding Zenrat had a similar idea. I now find that finally coming to a decision on what to do for this GB .... Mossie got there first ! (Well sort of)

Waiting for the camera batteries to charge but trust me I've decided on the Boulton Paul Sea Defiant.

Yes a Defiant (sorry Mossie) with wellies.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Mossie

Ironically I only made my mind up a few days ago too!  No worries, we'll just have our own 1WDGB. :party:

Looking forward to seeing it, much prettier than a Roc! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Well I have a Sea Defiant planned as a future build, so that is 3 of us  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Make that four  ;D

Got all the bits just not got around to doing anything with these nice new Defiant's that Airfix have produced in the last year or so.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Bungle

Thanks guys... nice to know that the Defiant is so popular.

Photos .... nothing else done as today has been manic and I'm knack  tired

So its the new Airfix Defiant

But should it be a mono float or

a twin...?

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Captain Canada

What a collection ! Love them all. The radials, the Griffons, the Mistel....wow.

:wub: :cheers: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bungle

Old Wombat

Quote from: Bungle on May 01, 2016, 12:36:32 AM
I hink I'll hang up my scapel now.    :angry:

That is not the appropriate way to take up the gauntlet, young man! :angry:

Get back to work & show this upstart who's the Master Modeller around here, right this instant! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

I meant that as a challenge and view of possible options rather than a put down so I have removed the message.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Captain Canada

My post above was for the other thread, weird ? :blink:

Looking good so far, and a neat idea. can't wait !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bungle

Quote from: Gondor on May 02, 2016, 03:40:21 AM

I meant that as a challenge and view of possible options rather than a put down so I have removed the message.

Gondor

Apologies Gondor my remark was meant as humour with a sad face with awe at those models. Please re-post the Defiants as I'll defiantly continue to produce something may be not as good but something.

Bungle

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 02, 2016, 02:52:30 AM

Get back to work & show this upstart who's the Master Modeller around here, right this instant! :wacko:

Young man ? Me ? I'm 61 next week !

Bungle

Right ! Work is continuing, pictures may follow but things are not progressing very fast. It's been one of those weeks.

So far my boiler has broken down needs replacing (£3k), my car got a terminal MoT failure so replacing it with a 2007 Kia (£3.5k) and then my son has a crash into a fence in my old hot hatch that I gave him several years ago. He's ok but then I found out it was my fence he hit........

Anyway the fuselage halves have been joined but I forgot to take the pictures before I did it. So soon to follow - a picture of a fuselage and several spring clips.

Gondor

Quote from: Bungle on May 02, 2016, 02:49:56 PM
Quote from: Gondor on May 02, 2016, 03:40:21 AM

Gondor

Apologies Gondor my remark was meant as humour with a sad face with awe at those models. Please re-post the Defiants as I'll defiantly continue to produce something may be not as good but something.

Bungle, that face shows as "Angry" so I took it as that rather than a sad face.

The pictures are from those I took at Perth this year so I will just post the link as its past midnight at the moment.

http://s776.photobucket.com/user/Gondor44/library/Scottish%20Nationals/2016?sort=3&page=1

Gondor

Old Wombat

Quote from: Bungle on May 02, 2016, 02:51:37 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 02, 2016, 02:52:30 AM

Young man ? Me ? I'm 61 next week !

Older'n me then! :wacko: ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est