Whiffing an F-105?

Started by PR19_Kit, April 30, 2016, 12:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tahsin on May 11, 2016, 12:38:24 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 09, 2016, 08:55:42 AM
Oi, you two!

This thread is about Whiffing F-105s, NOT about the pluses and minuses of Phantoms.
Why, no problem...

Quote from: tahsin on May 11, 2016, 12:31:23 AM
There is this "argument" in the F-105 thread that goes on like this:

And you sort of just missed a chance to see why the F-104 was actually to have longer wings but clipped to reach Mach 2 way before any Phantom...

So why not start another thread on it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tahsin

It's practically in the post in the Phantom thread.

Army of One

Been reading this with interest...i like the Israeli idea...as stated, loadaa different camo schemes....i also love the idea of a low level ship killer......Thai navy.....Greek navy....German in the dsrk grey/blue over light grey with ASM.....South African instead of Buccaneers....some form of modificatiion....maybe different engine exhaust n ejection seats....a Russian or Chinese copy reverse engineered from airframes gotten from Vietnam...?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Geoff

Army of One

Woohoo......!!! While looking for some stuff for Chrisonord  (didn't find it..... :-\...) I found my Monogram 1/72 F105F.....mmmm, what to do with it......not up on these.....does it have a radar an if so....is it capable of handling ASM particularly anti ship.....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on June 03, 2016, 10:16:01 AM
.....does it have a radar an if so....is it capable of handling ASM particularly anti ship.....?

This is WhiffWorld, of COURSE it does!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 03, 2016, 11:19:45 AM
.....does it have a radar an if so....is it capable of handling ASM particularly anti ship.....?

This is WhiffWorld, of COURSE it does!

Ah.....yes, of course.....I was thinking of a nose transplant for it.....but what you say is way easier......... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

does it have a radar an if so....is it capable of handling ASM particularly anti ship.....?

I am sure it does, and if you want it to do so.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Woohoo......!!! While looking for some stuff for Chrisonord  (didn't find it..... :-\...) I found my Monogram 1/72 F105F.....mmmm, what to do with it......not up on these.....does it have a radar an if so....is it capable of handling ASM particularly anti ship.....?

It did have a radar: NASAAR R-14A. Primarily an air-to-ground navigation/weapons-aiming set, but it did have short-range air-to-air modes too. No mention of anti-shipping modes since that was never a mission the Thud was tasked with. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be modified for that task though, since the same basic radar was used on the F-104G that used to do anti-ship missions.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

overscan

Pretty sure China got a crashed F-105 from Vietnam, at least they reverse engineered the NASAAR radar off one. They even modified the reverse-engineered radar for antiship work.

It might look good in PLAAF markings... maybe even blended with 1/48th MiG-21 wings or 1/72 Shenyang J-8 bits?  J-8 rear fuselage with twin engines, because they couldn't reverse engineer the big J-75 off the F-105?
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?