For lovers of 1/72 long wings

Started by rickshaw, May 02, 2016, 04:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Constanza Kits

1/72nd Schleicher ASW-17 resin kit:

1/72nd Schweizer 2-33A resin kit:

1/72nd SZD-9bis Bocian 1E resin kit:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Ooooh YESSSSSSSS!  ;D :lol:

I've flown a Bocian too, that looks like a must have. Thanks Brian.  :thumbsup:

[Later] Looks like the only place to get them is from the Aviation Megastore at Schiphol, and they don't seem to have the Bocian in stock.

It also mentions that this may be the only production run of them ever.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

What I don't understand is how the ASW-17 even finds submarines, much less attacks them.... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JayBee

Quote from: Weaver on May 02, 2016, 10:27:16 AM
What I don't understand is how the ASW-17 even finds submarines, much less attacks them.... :unsure:

Now I do have to confess that you have totally confused me there.  :blink:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

Neat stuff ! I'd love to do a dio for the Air cadets !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

It's so quiet that the pilot just listens for the darn things swishing about below the surface.........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 02, 2016, 12:16:04 PM

It's so quiet that the pilot just listens for the darn things swishing about below the surface.........  ;)

...then it folds it's wings and dives on them like a Frigate bird.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2016, 03:48:45 AM

It's so quiet that the pilot just listens for the darn things swishing about below the surface.........  ;)

That's how gannets behave too...........which conjures up a surreal picture of Fairey's finest folding its wings, diving below the waves, and emerging with a Delta class Soviet submarine impaled on its Double |Mamba.   How it would get its prey back to its nest is anyone's guess!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on May 03, 2016, 12:57:01 PM
Quote from: zenrat on May 03, 2016, 03:48:45 AM

That's how gannets behave too...........which conjures up a surreal picture of Fairey's finest folding its wings, diving below the waves, and emerging with a Delta class Soviet submarine impaled on its Double |Mamba.   How it would get its prey back to its nest is anyone's guess!

Now that put an interesting picture into my mind, 1/700 scale Delta and a 1/48 Gannet diorama with the Gannet leaving the water  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

It's so quiet that the pilot just listens for the darn things swishing about below the surface.........  ;)

Now my theory is that, because a nuclear sub is slightly warmer than the water around it, it creates a tiny 0.5 deg thermal in the air above it, which causes the glider to spin madly out of control and crash on top of the submarine, thereby pointing it's location out for the ships and helicopters to pile in with their torpedoes. If you think about it, this is probably why the gliders are always painted white: it's so that their fragments are easy to see on the water. They achieve much the same effect for diesel electric submarines by going out of control in the turbulence created by their snorkel exhaust....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Nah! Warm-air thermals are good when flying a glider. ;D

Warm-air thermals create an up-draught which can be used by a glider/soarer pilot to gain altitude, like eagles & albatrosses. So, what you'd really be looking for is a glider/soarer gaining altitude where they shouldn't be.

Back in my (novice) gliding days, as a pilot, especially on clear days, you'd be looking for cotton-ball clouds or whisps of vapour which would tell you there was warm air rising. You'd then glide towards it (losing altitude) until you reached it, then you'd spiral into it to use the rising warm air to gain altitude while you looked for the next cloud or vapour whisp. Once you'd gained enough height, you'd leave the up-draught to glide to the next (swapping altitude for airspeed). Doing this you could navigate considerable distances or spend a lot more time in the air to practice your stalls & loops, & other aerobatic manoeuvres (my favorite passtime back then).

Cold-air thermals, on the other hand ... :o

Just sayin'. :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 03, 2016, 09:54:19 PM

Back in my (novice) gliding days, as a pilot, especially on clear days, you'd be looking for cotton-ball clouds or whisps of vapour which would tell you there was warm air rising. You'd then glide towards it (losing altitude) until you reached it, then you'd spiral into it to use the rising warm air to gain altitude while you looked for the next cloud or vapour whisp. Once you'd gained enough height, you'd leave the up-draught to glide to the next (swapping altitude for airspeed). Doing this you could navigate considerable distances or spend a lot more time in the air to practice your stalls & loops, & other aerobatic manoeuvres (my favorite passtime back then).

We still use the same techniques today, but not while hunting submarines..........  ;D

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Something else to please Kit!

1/72 Myasishchev M-17 "Mystic" by Modelsvit:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on June 28, 2016, 08:26:24 PM
Something else to please Kit!

1/72 Myasishchev M-17 "Mystic" by Modelsvit:

Ooooh yummy! I like that!  :wub:

I looked into building an M-17 from bits and pieces once but the fuselage has a weird shape to it. Thanks for heads up Brian.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Comes, I understand with the parts for the upper gun turret and the decals to match it, Kit.   :thumbsup: