Proposed Rules - Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 05, 2016, 07:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right it looks like you have me when it comes to moderating this GB so be wary  :rolleyes:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on May 06, 2016, 08:15:03 AM
Would an aircraft flying for the Fleet Requirements and Air Direction Unit (FRADU) count ?

As moderator then I will say yes as they are a major part of the Navy's training regime.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 07, 2016, 04:56:07 AM
Firstly, I would prefer Space Navy to be allowed.  Although if it isn't it'll only need a change in the decals.  But I feel to have to do so would leave my build aesthetically challenged.  The proposal was "in the navy" not "in the wet navy" or "messing around in boats".
Secondly, please drop the reference to the olympic spirit as I feel it sullies the good name of GBs lowering them to the realms of back handers and performance enhancing substances.
Thirdly, I don't think I should have had that second glass of port.

Speaking as duly appointed Moderator (appointed by me) Firstly : Space Navy ? I must admit that I associate Navy with "water and wet". However if your back story was to include how the Space Forces had stemmed from the Old World Navy then I'm ok with that.

Secondly re the Olympian Spirit ? I understand your feelings and will just say "in the true Olympian Spirit" - cash payments only to   :o

Old Wombat

Congratulations, Chris! :cheers:

Now, as your 1st challenge, I'm going to put forward my F6F-3 for judgement on whether I can enter it into the GB if I go no further, in this open forum, as a test case.

RAM F6F-3 as it is at this point in time;

The top row is everything that has been glued/modified in any way & I'm in the (intermittent) process of sanding down the flaws in the primer coat which was affected by residual oil/release agent left on the parts even after I washed it.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Chaos

Gread I Think i will Buiild from the 1/700 Fuimj ,,Missouri" a Sci Fi Navy Ship that looks like this
Quelle: moddb.com

kitnut617

Interestingly, Alberta has a Navy base in Calgary ----- and we're 600 miles from any ocean (that's west) and 800 miles to any lake of a decent size (Great Slave Lake which is north)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 07, 2016, 04:06:58 PM
Interestingly, Alberta has a Navy base in Calgary ----- and we're 600 miles from any ocean (that's west) and 800 miles to any lake of a decent size (Great Slave Lake which is north)

Similarly the USN Reserve has a hangar on the Minneapolis/St Paul airport hardstanding, and they're some distance from the sea too, but much closer to any lakes, the place is HEAVING with them. Maybe there's a potential enemy submarine threat in Lake Superior?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 07, 2016, 09:41:35 AM

Now, as your 1st challenge, I'm going to put forward my F6F-3 for judgement on whether I can enter it into the GB if I go no further, in this open forum, as a test case.

Looks like a collection of parts to me. I've no problem with cleaning up and as for the assembly of things like bombs etc ? If I was to add a bomb to a project from the spares stash then I would have assembled that bomb, if necessary, before putting it in the storage container. Probably even have painted it. So no problem there either.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Chaos on May 07, 2016, 10:31:21 AM
Gread I Think i will Buiild from the 1/700 Fuimj ,,Missouri" a Sci Fi Navy Ship that looks like this

I don't really understand them, but I do like them.

Looking forward to it  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 08, 2016, 05:16:25 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 07, 2016, 09:41:35 AM

Looks like a collection of parts to me. I've no problem with cleaning up and as for the assembly of things like bombs etc ? If I was to add a bomb to a project from the spares stash then I would have assembled that bomb, if necessary, before putting it in the storage container. Probably even have painted it. So no problem there either.

OK! Thanks, mate! Now I've got 2 shots at GB glory! Mwuh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-hah! :blink:

;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Right as I will be moderating this GB I need to know if people are happy with the kit I'm planning to use. It's an Airfix HMS Nelson which was "started" a few years ago. I only got as far as cutting the decking piece in to two parts. Rest is as nature intended.

Are people happy with me to continue ?

Chris

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 10, 2016, 06:35:32 AM
Right as I will be moderating this GB I need to know if people are happy with the kit I'm planning to use. It's an Airfix HMS Nelson which was "started" a few years ago. I only got as far as cutting the decking piece in to two parts. Rest is as nature intended.

Chris

Sounds okay to me.  :thumbsup:

By the way, my first one will hopefully be the FAA Grumman Cougar that I started earlier this year, subject to approval. Total work so far is:

Cockpit bulkheads and nosewheel bay glued to cockpit tub
Cockpit tub, jetpipe and inside of fuselage sprayed with grey primer

Please let me know if that's okay.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

I will get a photo for the part built kits of mine so that people can see how far I've got. One is an F3H Demon.

Thinking about it I actually have 3 what-if Navy kits in the stash already:
Special Hobby Gnat with Hot Shots markings
ERTL SV-22 Osprey with dipping sonar
AZModels Gotha P.60 with US Navy test markings http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/GothaP60C-1SpecialMarkings.htm

Rheged

Chris

I'm happy.   In fact I'm much looking forward to see what you do with Nelson.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

sandiego89

Quote from: Rheged on May 10, 2016, 11:04:53 AM

Chris

I'm happy.   In fact I'm much looking forward to see what you do with Nelson.

Perhaps a Nelson with CIWS/Goal Keeper, Sea Skua's, embarked helo...... :rolleyes:
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA