Revell Julia Me 1090 or something like that

Started by Allan, May 07, 2016, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

1/72 kit and went together well, but undercarriage gave me some grief, particularly the nose wheel
pastel mottle, which I will use again on my 109K..more shots of this one later

Tophe

Interesting, and pleasant addition to a famous Me-262, to appreciate differences... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

dumaniac

Nice paint job Allan - lots like it was due to fly Christmas 1946 - yes?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Looks great!

Which K-4 are you building?

Matrixone

Captain Canada

Great job Allan ! The paint and weathering look excellent. Looks like it's time to take the Christmas decorations down tho lol

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Allan

thanks fellows, more snaps later and the 109K is the 1/48 Hasegawa jobbie...I like using some of the decals I have in my stash even if the combination isn't correct, so will use the big Mickey Mouse decal on the side with perhaps a white tail to denote a leader's plane and maybe a yellow nose
Allan

Allan

I called this plane "Julia" because I thought that was the name the Germans gave it, but because the word Julia was written on a piece of sticky tape stuck to the box I now think the former owner of this second-hand kit is Julia, which means it wasn't called Julia at all....more snaps soon

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Allan on May 09, 2016, 03:43:34 AM
I called this plane "Julia" because I thought that was the name the Germans gave it, but because the word Julia was written on a piece of sticky tape stuck to the box I now think the former owner of this second-hand kit is Julia, which means it wasn't called Julia at all....more snaps soon

In that case some of my older Airfix kits must be called 'Woolworths'.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Allan,
IIRC the name 'Julia' was given to one of the ultra small anti-bomber aircraft Junkers was developing near the end of the war. Those designs were to be towed or carried to altitude by another aircraft and the pulse jet was switched on to attack the bombers.

Matrixone

Allan

sorry, the 109K I will attempt is the Fujimi one with the 23 on the fus side

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: matrixone on May 09, 2016, 02:05:40 PM
Allan,
IIRC the name 'Julia' was given to one of the ultra small anti-bomber aircraft Junkers was developing near the end of the war. Those designs were to be towed or carried to altitude by another aircraft and the pulse jet was switched on to attack the bombers.

Matrixone

Correct. The Heinkel He P.1077. IIRC, there's a Dragon oer Revell kit with an underslung Julia fighter available?

matrixone

Dizzyfugu,
I believe it was Dragon that had a Ar 234 kit with a small parasite fighter carried under the fuselage, the mini fighter had twin tails and a rocket motor, I always wanted to get one of those kits but never did manage find one.

Matrixone

CANSO

Both Revell and Dragon manufactured kits with Ar 234C + Julia:

I know the first, but haven't seen the second in detail - just guess they originate from one and the same mould.
Allan, there is no "Me 1090 Julia" outside of the Whif-universe and your a/c is in fact a Me P.1099 - check the box again ;).

Gondor

The Revell kit above is a re-boxing of the Dragon kit, one of a whole slew of Dragon kits they re-boxed. I also have the Do335 A-1 in a Revell box as well as the original Dragon kit so can confirm that they are the same moulds.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....