In The Navy GB - General Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, May 11, 2016, 06:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Russian river gunboats!  :wub: :wub:
Thanks for the links. I have bought various russian paper kits, maybe one day I'll manage to build one. :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Those are tank turrets aren't they?

Food for thought.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

I've toyed with the idea of something similar using an Airfix LCM or LCVP to provide fire support or AA cover.  Either bare guns, or turrets from obsolescent or recovered tanks.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2016, 06:17:25 PM
Those are tank turrets aren't they?

Food for thought.

Looks like turrets from a T-28 (with a short-barreled L 10 76.2 mm gun) and a T-34...

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on July 08, 2016, 02:17:59 AM
I've toyed with the idea of something similar using an Airfix LCM or LCVP to provide fire support or AA cover.  Either bare guns, or turrets from obsolescent or recovered tanks.

I've had similar thoughts at times, especially when I saw these, or similar pictures, many moons ago. Only problem was that any obsolescent Allied turret would only have a small calibre gun, mainly suited for A.T. work like the 2pdr or 37mm. The British 3" CS gun used in early war tanks was really a breech loading mortar (I seem to remember) used mainly for smoke so not sure how useful that would be ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I've been trying to come up with an idea for my Airfix LCVP as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tigercat

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

tigercat

loupgarou

I suppose all you gentlemen are aware of what has already been done in real world from France and USA in Vietnam.
The variety of armament and armour used is quite ample. (In case of doubt, try googling "dinassaut" )
And the Katiuska has been used on russian river gunboats, IIRC.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Right lads the GB finishes on the 31st August so you have just over 3 weeks to go.

Now I just know we are going to get pleas for an extension but can I ask that before you ask for one you check to see that you can actually finish the build in the extra 1 or 2 week extension granted ? It's not what's left to do that is the problem but can you devote the time to actually do it ? Looking back at previous GB's an awful lot of people who pleaded for an extension didn't finish in the time, so please, please be realistic in your pleas.

I ask this because the calendar as usual is slipping and I would like to get the next GB (Old Kit GB) kicked off late September, although I realise that may not be possible.

Thanks lads.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Well, I'll be the first to ask for an extension, then. ;)

Looking at my roster, I have another 4 day shifts, 3 RDO's, 7 arvo shifts, 2 RDO's, 5 day shifts & 4 RDO's taking us to 2nd Sept, by the end of which I should have finished my builds. :-\

However, another 12 days' grace wouldn't go astray. <_<
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 08, 2016, 07:22:20 AM

I would like to get the next GB (Old Kit GB) kicked off late September.

Chris

Does that mean we have to build models of PR19 ?  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 08, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
However, another 12 days' grace wouldn't go astray. <_<

Hmmm, enough time for two more builds...?