Westernised Ka50 Hokum......

Started by Army of One, May 22, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

This is the rotorhead I have been tinkering with from another kit.......the problem is the kit goes together with blades pointing at the even numbers on the clock face. There are some connecting rods to come plates. I am having trouble seeing how the two sets swivel so all face the 2,6,10 so i can fold them.....any ideas/thoughts/advice please...?

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

You are going to have to modify the rotor heads so that the blades do cover one above the other at the same clock face as in reality they will have to rotate fully in their respective directions. The kit has probably been made so that the upper and lower sets of blades are opposite each other to help show that they are counter rotating and aesthetic reasons rather than any other reasons. Your going to have to cut them up a bit anyway to fold most of the blades anyway.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Army of One

I understand that bit. The pics i have seen and posted of the folded rotors show the link arms still vertical. This is my problem and how to overcome it.
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Perhaps in the RW the centre 'whiffletree' or whatever it's called, is split so that they can 'de-clutch' the top half from the bottom half?

Quite how you do that in 1/72 scale eludes me at the moment, but maybe cutting the main shaft in half and re-joining it with some wire down the centre would be a start. Then perhaps scratch a 2nd layer for the centre whiffletree and perch it below the original one?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Mmmmm.....interesting......cheers
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Yup. More cutting and fiddling is all. Unless I had the bits in my hand. I still haven't dug mine out as yet to see how I did it....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

A spare 4hrs at work between 1am-4am may put me in front of Dizzy.....if even only for 12mins........

As can be seen.......the Lynx HMA8 influences the nose section. I had found a spare nose but it is way to wide. Back to looking after the children while SWMBO'D is at work.......I really hope to finish this one. I have a clear pic in my mind as to what it will (hopefully......) look like........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Nice mods. 12 minutes seems like a stretch tho, it was probably under a minute lol

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

I'm excited for this one, the navalised Hokums - Hoki? - appeal to me more than the standard one. Any progress to report, AoO?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Army of One

I have been sorting through possible weapon fits......anf still trying to workout the fold. I have the central shaft modified.......just need to find an hourvor two to do some surgery on it to fit the blades....not much over the weekend as I'm on nights......hopefully some progress beginning of next week.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Army of One

Trying to plan the next few days.....maybe an hour or two tonight to have a fiddle with the rotors.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Army of One on June 01, 2016, 11:14:13 AM
A spare 4hrs at work between 1am-4am may put me in front of Dizzy.....if even only for 12mins........

12 mins can feel like eternity...!  And a lot can (be made) happen. ;)

Captain Canada

Yup. Sometimes it's hard to make time !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

NO ONE TOUCH THE TABLE.....!!!
Luckily kids at school.....part one of the attempt at the rotor fold.....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!