Westernised Ka50 Hokum......

Started by Army of One, May 22, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Not the clearest pic but........this is how i attempted the join. The rotor was cut at the hinge and then a groove was sanded so it slipped over the the stump on the rotor head. Not the strongest joint but i may have to build a simple brace similar to the ones i have seen used on the real thing.....well, the Ka52.......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Work on the nose optics.......seems a bit big......thoughts anyone before it is glued....? The unit is glued together but it is just sat on the platform at the moment......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Maybe reverse the nose and hang it below? Looks a bit tall and stalky, and a fairing would probaböy not help much?

Army of One

Ah.......the Sea Spray style radar housing  (Lynx HMA8 style) is going underneath........maybe fashion another one using smaller components......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Army of One

Quickly knocked up a second unit........any thoughts anyone....?  To be mounted on the top part of the nose......

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

The only thing I'd mention is the supporting arms look a little 'lite'.

They're usually quite substantial on a FLIR turret and wrap around:
http://smnzone.scalemodellingno.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/airfix-westland-lynx-hma-8-hn/1b-hn-ac-airfix-westland-lynx-hma-8-1-48.jpg
http://www.flir.com/uploadedImages/Shared/Images/Products/Legacy/Sea%20Star%20SAFIRE%20II.jpg

I think I may have the bits still around from the Airfix Lynx, if I can find them would you like them?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

Quote from: Mossie on July 05, 2016, 01:32:08 AM
The only thing I'd mention is the supporting arms look a little 'lite'.

They're usually quite substantial on a FLIR turret and wrap around:
http://smnzone.scalemodellingno.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/airfix-westland-lynx-hma-8-hn/1b-hn-ac-airfix-westland-lynx-hma-8-1-48.jpg
http://www.flir.com/uploadedImages/Shared/Images/Products/Legacy/Sea%20Star%20SAFIRE%20II.jpg

I think I may have the bits still around from the Airfix Lynx, if I can find them would you like them?

A very kind offer......many thanks.....yes please.......you need me to pm you my details....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Nice. I'd go with either. Or just add a bit of 'beef' the bottom of the second one. But it sounds like problem solved anyway !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Quote from: Army of One on July 05, 2016, 12:00:57 PM
A very kind offer......many thanks.....yes please.......you need me to pm you my details....?

Found them!  Yes, PM me and I'll pop them in the post.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Joe C-P

Quote from: Army of One on July 01, 2016, 03:14:59 AM
Not the clearest pic but........this is how i attempted the join. The rotor was cut at the hinge and then a groove was sanded so it slipped over the the stump on the rotor head. Not the strongest joint but i may have to build a simple brace similar to the ones i have seen used on the real thing.....well, the Ka52.......

I can recommend using a pin vise and a small drill to make a hole through both parts, and then a small brass or steel rod/wire, which will both align and give strength. I did this for a helicopter model I built.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.