Antediluvian Miniatures

Started by Mossie, May 22, 2016, 03:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

One for the wargamers, thinking of Steel Penguin and Pudding Wrestler.  They've not been going long so the range is modest, but looks good, all in 28mm.

Adventurers (based on the cast of At the Earth's Core)

Zorgan, (rings a bell, head looks like Cyclops from the Sinbad films)

My favourites are the dinosaurs based on recreations at Crystal Palace Park:

Megalodon

Hylaeosaurus
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

At the Earth's Core starring Doug Mclure.  I remember being taken to see that as a kid.  Loved it!

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on May 22, 2016, 03:04:28 PM
One for the wargamers, thinking of Steel Penguin and Pudding Wrestler.  They've not been going long so the range is modest, but looks good, all in 28mm.

My favourites are the dinosaurs based on recreations at Crystal Palace Park:

Megalodon

Hylaeosaurus

:thumbsup: 15 minute walk from where I live. They have recently finished cleaning up the area around the Dino's part of the lake and it's a really nice walk now. You still see all the smaller kids absolutely fascinated by the figures
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on May 22, 2016, 04:57:12 PM
At the Earth's Core starring Doug Mclure.  I remember being taken to see that as a kid.  Loved it!

I hate to tell you but I missed it as was the year I was born. :wacko:  Must admit, I got you older than you are as going by the dinosaurs I thought it was at least a decade earlier!

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2016, 02:51:54 AM
:thumbsup: 15 minute walk from where I live. They have recently finished cleaning up the area around the Dino's part of the lake and it's a really nice walk now. You still see all the smaller kids absolutely fascinated by the figures

It's good to know that they are taking their preservation seriously.  There seems (probably because a Council is involved) to be a cycle of them being ignored, public outcry, restoration, back to ignoring them again.  They deserve to be kept, it shows just how far we've come in our understanding.

elmayerle

A slight correction, it's Doug McClure.  An excellent actor who died before his time.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

Very cool. I'm not sure what buddy is packing under that umbrella but I'll take weapon #3, a nice thick pole with a steel tip. Zorgan would be a neat addition to a shelf !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 23, 2016, 08:09:05 AM
Very cool. I'm not sure what buddy is packing under that umbrella but I'll take weapon #3, a nice thick pole with a steel tip.

Generally referred to as a spear;D

zenrat

Quote from: elmayerle on May 23, 2016, 07:35:33 AM
A slight correction, it's Doug McClure.  An excellent actor who died before his time.

Yes.  My bad.  Sorry Doug.

1976.  I would have been 8.  Perfect age for it.

Despite living in the Ecrodnya*  area for about 8 years I never actually got round to going and looking at the dinosaurs.  Ever been to visit them on a full moon Chris or is that asking for trouble?

*Long story short - station announcer at Waterloo with a strong Eastern European accent trying, and failing to say East Croydon.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 23, 2016, 08:09:05 AM
Very cool. I'm not sure what buddy is packing under that umbrella but I'll take weapon #3, a nice thick pole with a steel tip. Zorgan would be a neat addition to a shelf !

Being a British University Professor, the only other options available to him would be to poke his enemy with the mouthpiece of a pipe, or a rolled up newspaper (a broadsheet can be a formidable weapon) if things are getting a little hot under the collar.  A cricket bat may be resorted in only the most desperate of situations.

I've witnessed little old ladies attack peoples shins with a walking stick and they can be vicious!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 24, 2016, 03:07:24 AM

Ever been to visit them on a full moon Chris or is that asking for trouble?

I could tell you some stories about that and the things you do for dares as a kid/teenager  :wacko: :rolleyes: It was so easy to get into the park, and it was secluded  :wub: Mind you those were the days when you still had motor bike and motorcar racing up there. Long, long ago.

Quote from: Mossie on May 24, 2016, 05:41:03 AM
or a rolled up newspaper (a broadsheet can be a formidable weapon)

Known as a Millwall housebrick when I was young. There was a way of folding the Daily Mirror (other papers are available) which would turn it into a seriously lethal weapon, and yes a mate did show me how, and no I never did it. At one point Carter St nick would get seriously miffed if you were seen carrying a rolled up newspaper  :blink: Ah the late 60's/early 70's  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on May 23, 2016, 06:54:05 AM

It's good to know that they are taking their preservation seriously.  There seems (probably because a Council is involved) to be a cycle of them being ignored, public outcry, restoration, back to ignoring them again.  They deserve to be kept, it shows just how far we've come in our understanding.

They did a very good job of the restoration, both of the dino's themselves and the landscape around them. It's a nice walk up that end of the lake now.