Westland Wessex - Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast

Started by zenrat, May 27, 2016, 03:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Time to revisit Captain Fat Hamster and his merry band of airborne buccaneers.
It struck me that if one wanted to remove loot, hostages and buxom wenches from the craft one had waylaid on the high seas then a helicopter would be a boon.
My victim is a Chinese knock off Matchbox Wessex.
So far I have started assembling the cockpit and have cut a second door in the fuselage.
The parts seem to go together OK but the detail is very soft. 
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Snowtrooper

Will the finished piece also contain appropriate figures? ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Snowtrooper on May 27, 2016, 11:51:26 PM

I have dug out two chopper pilots and four door gunners from my small stash of Elheim figures white metal crewmen.  None of them are as flamboyant as the Captain Fat Hamster figure but they'll have suitably piratical clothing painted on.
I cleaned up around the new side door today and sanded back some massive ejector pin marks on the inside o the fuselage which would have been visible through the door.
Nothing with photographing yet but i'm going to scratch up some simple interior detail to add interest to what would otherwise be a big empty hole.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on May 27, 2016, 03:51:12 AM
... remove loot, hostages and buxom wenches from the craft one had waylaid on the high seas ...

That's my job! ;D

Well, OK, so the Captain seems to get to transport the loot & young Alcock seems to get to take the buxom wenches, which leaves me the hostages but it's still my job! OK!?

;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2016, 12:56:26 AM

I have dug out two chopper pilots and four door gunners from my small stash of Elheim figures white metal crewmen. 

What about the buxom wenches ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Snowtrooper

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 28, 2016, 05:55:32 AM
I have dug out two chopper pilots and four door gunners from my small stash of Elheim figures white metal crewmen. 
What I actually meant with the appropriate figures ;D

rickshaw

Quote from: Snowtrooper on May 28, 2016, 03:19:55 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 28, 2016, 05:55:32 AM
What I actually meant with the appropriate figures ;D

Are you suggesting that buxom wenches would be inappropriate to a pirate helicopter?   :o ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I have no 1/72 bosom wenches.  They would be out of sight inside the cabin having their clothing loosened (for health & safety reasons) anyway.  But I will have to check out what elheim has to offer.

Meanwhile, here is the detail what I have added to the inside.  Nothing too fancy, just some seats and bits and pieces to add relief and texture to what was just smooth surfaces.

Fred

KiwiZac

I've contributed some parts to this build and am excited - and a little scared - to see how they fit in with this!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

They haven't arrived yet Zac.  Customs are probably playing with them.

Not much done today due to invasion of the in-laws.  I have ordered some damsels in distress, miss whiplash and a milkmaid from Elhiem figures.  The closest they come to buxom wenches.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 01, 2016, 03:39:40 AM
They haven't arrived yet Zac.  Customs are probably playing with them.

Not much done today due to invasion of the in-laws.  I have ordered some damsels in distress, miss whiplash and a milkmaid from Elhiem figures.  The closest they come to buxom wenches.

Might not be the Damsels in distress after she gets there  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.