Sapecat Jaguar/M Navy

Started by leptiprince, May 28, 2016, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Very nice, pity that you are building this before June or it would be eligible for the Group Build. Looking good though  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Devilfish

Very nice. Not quite sure about the folding wingtips. Is it worth it? Other than that,  I can't wait to see it finished

Paper Kosmonaut

I have to agree on the tiny folded wingtips.
For the rest, I have always preferred the two-seater. Aesthetically a better looking plane than the single-seater.
Looking forward to see the result!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Weaver

Guys, the Grumman Tiger had tiny folding wingtips like that and proportionally, the A-5 Vigilante's folding sections wern't much bigger. If your plane doesn't fit on the elevator by 30cm and there's a convenient structural joint 40 cm from each wingtip, that's what you do.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Now that looks the business ! Love that stance as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Snowtrooper

So the Sea Jag gets to keep both of her cannons even though she's a two-seater? ;)

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Paper Kosmonaut

Quote from: Weaver on May 28, 2016, 03:12:09 PM
Guys, the Grumman Tiger had tiny folding wingtips like that and proportionally, the A-5 Vigilante's folding sections wern't much bigger. If your plane doesn't fit on the elevator by 30cm and there's a convenient structural joint 40 cm from each wingtip, that's what you do.
And here I am, always thinking it was to take up less room in the ship's hangar. it's just because of the bloomin' elevator! :blink:
Now breaks my wooden shoe.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

sandiego89

I like it, the probe is very French looking.  :thumbsup:

Suggest the backstory comes with an engine upgrade- the Jag came up short there for carrier operations. 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Works for me.  :thumbsup: :bow:

That's one TALL nosewheel leg!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

It was promising, and I am not disappointed by the result! Great! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Devilfish

Quote from: Weaver on May 28, 2016, 03:12:09 PM

Yes, I totally agree, but, the Jaguar has a wingspan of 28ft 6, and the Harrier GR9 a wingspan of 30ft 4, so the Jag would fit (widthwise at least) down a British elevator.