HAWKER P.1032 EAGLE FURY

Started by kitbasher, May 30, 2016, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

OK there's several P.1027s (including my own) on this forum, and the P.1030 has been kitted by Unicraft, but there are no known drawings of the P.1032.  This was a RR Eagle-engined Sea Fury, and my take on what it may have look like will start the day after tomorrow.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

That's a P.1026 fitted with a Eagle to F.2/43 at least going by the information in BSP Fighters and Bombers 1935-1950

Gondor

EDIT: Just found out that the P.1026 is the Fury which became the Sea Fury  :banghead:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Excellent ! Can't wait to see this one come together.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

A bit of rhinoplasty last night, a bit more chopping tonight and then the fun begins.  Pics at the weekend.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Here' the first pics of the 1032, based on a long in the stash Premiere2 Sea Fury plus a Falcon canopy, Aeroclub main undercarriage, and some resin (again from some years ago) mostly via OGL but also one item from The Wooksta:

Since these were taken I've assembled the wings and built up some sidewalls for the cockpit.  I might add a bit more detail to the cockpit, certainly an instrument panel and control column.

The Wooksta!

Dave, the cockpit as provided is definitely wrong - the rear bulkhead is about 2mm too far back.  It should align with an external panel line about 6mm aft of the windscreen.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

The Wooksta!

You'll also need to build up the rear fuselage decking - it looks more like a Tempest.  Aeroclub did a replacement canopy with a white metal insert for that area.  Wheels are best replaced with Tempest ones.  The resin leading edge radiators (I assume they're from me) will need some considerable trimming to fit - I've a yet unfinished Furious with l/e rads and they did need a lot of trimming.

You're too late to sand down the trailing edges as they're really thick.  May have a spare wing somewhere.

Best of luck with this as it's one I'd planned but shelved.  May still have a bash at some point, possibly with a Trumpeter one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Yep, got the decking. And yep fell foul - in my haste - of the trailing edges.

Next Haker Hypertheticals after this will be a P1009, a P1030 and finishing off a P1067.

The Wooksta!

I may have a look at the P.1030 at some point in August.  I have the requisite parts and donor kits.  Just want to clear the decks of Spitfires - at least, the assembly to the priming stage - first.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 05, 2016, 01:58:27 PM
I may have a look at the P.1030 at some point in August.  I have the requisite parts and donor kits.  Just want to clear the decks of Spitfires - at least, the assembly to the priming stage - first.

I'm still looking for exhausts to enable me to build the P.1030 myself Lee

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

kitnut617

Yeah!, got that drawing from the Brooklands Museum and built my P-1027 from it, check out Gondor's Grumblings, reply #603.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36955.msg729100.html#msg729100
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

That's the Eagle Tempest - do a search on here as several UK based forum members have done several.

Alistair, I might have a mould for the exhausts somewhere.  I'll have a look.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Thanks Lee, much appreciated  :thumbsup: Would you happen to have a couple of the leading edge radiators from the Typhoon II/Tempest I spare as well would you?

Gondor