HAWKER P.1032 EAGLE FURY

Started by kitbasher, May 30, 2016, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If Lee doesn't, I have which I can send you
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

loupgarou

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 05, 2016, 02:22:29 PM
That's the Eagle Tempest - do a search on here as several UK based forum members have done several.

Alistair, I might have a mould for the exhausts somewhere.  I'll have a look.

What's the Gotha/Meteor in the background?  :o Very interesting! Any more photos?  :wub:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kitbasher

Quote from: loupgarou on June 06, 2016, 05:17:11 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 05, 2016, 02:22:29 PM
That's the Eagle Tempest - do a search on here as several UK based forum members have done several.

Alistair, I might have a mould for the exhausts somewhere.  I'll have a look.

What's the Gotha/Meteor in the background?  :o Very interesting! Any more photos?  :wub:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21076.0/highlight,manta.html
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

loupgarou

Thanks for the link, Kitbasher.  :thumbsup:
Very interesting build. It was long before my arrival here and I had missed it. How many ideas for my stack of PM Hortens!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

Those sure are shapely and powerful looking machines ! Now I want to build one  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 09, 2016, 05:24:49 AM
Those sure are shapely and powerful looking machines ! Now I want to build one  :banghead:

They do look particularly smart in that colour scheme.  Having done a silver one myself I'd like to get the parts needed to do a variation with leading edge radiators - Wooksta's done at least one in the past and yes, very very sleek.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

I decided that mine was to be a "jet" interceptor, flying at altitude and then diving down for the attack --  so camouflaged it Ocean Grey and PRU Blue.
Nicked the decals from one of my DH Hornet kits. Phil Butler suggested the serial number for me and of course it's "R" for Robert   ;D.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 09, 2016, 04:12:57 PM

Nicked the decals from one of my DH Hornet kits. Phil Butler suggested the serial number for me and of course it's "R" for Robert   ;D.

TJ910 was a 'blanked' serial coming right after a batch of Yorks and before 200 Lancaster BVIs, all of which were cancelled! BAGS of scope for future Whiffs there.  ;D

QV = 19 Sqdn. does it? Or had the codes changed by that late in the war?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 10, 2016, 10:20:51 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on June 09, 2016, 04:12:57 PM

Nicked the decals from one of my DH Hornet kits. Phil Butler suggested the serial number for me and of course it's "R" for Robert   ;D.

TJ910 was a 'blanked' serial coming right after a batch of Yorks and before 200 Lancaster BVIs, all of which were cancelled! BAGS of scope for future Whiffs there.  ;D

QV = 19 Sqdn. does it? Or had the codes changed by that late in the war?

Phil had said that numbers in the 'blanked' serials were probably about where the Tempest Mk.VII probably would have had serials assigned had it gone into production.

19 Sqdn. operated DH Hornets from March 1946 to January 1951 and the decals came right off a Special Hobby 1/72 kit of the Hornet which had the camo scheme as one of the options. I also gave the P.1027 a taller fin/rudder as every contra-prop aircraft I've read about eventually got a bigger area vertical tail

kitbasher

A basic cockpit interior has been put together, painted and inserted into the fuselage.  Since the pics were taken the fusalage has been assembled and the wings attached.

Just bits of plastic card and rod chopped up and glued together.  Seat straps are from masking tape.  Not much to be seen now, frankly.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Progress has been positively glacial but I've not given up on this one yet.  There's other in-build pictures but no point in posting those up now I've got this far.  Devoting between 30 and 60 minutes a day to this now.  Do wan't to get it done (and thanks Chris for the extension).

The Wooksta!

Looking cool, although I would have went with the low demarcation.

You really need an eight blade Wyvern contraprop.  It really adds to the mean-ness factor.  And Tempest drop tanks, plus the rocket rails from the Firedog Beaufighter.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

KiwiZac

Smooth work, kitbasher! That looks good. The lines of that machine really are lovely.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?