Hawker Siddeley Harrier-Hawk

Started by Caveman, May 30, 2016, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 15, 2016, 04:39:32 AM
Sure is. Defo gives her a nice shape ! I'd go standard gear as the wing is so thin, no ? or F-104/ F-16 type ?

:cheers:

Your forgetting Captain, that the main undercarriage bay takes up a big chunk of the rear fuselage which in this model will either be engine or exhaust pipe.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Would a Jaguar-type main gear work on this? I agree with Gondor on the standard gear being too big for the new config, but like the Captain, i also think that F-16 or the F-104's gear would do trick. If it's gonna be displayed in flight, not much to worry about except for the doors.
Still, this is looking great! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

That combo looks cool - but confirms my impression that the original air intakes are oversized with the simpler/smaller engine?

Concerning the landing gear, my favorite solution would als be a Jaguar- or MiG-23-style arrangement, with the bays flanking the jet pipe?

Lots of body work (still) ahead - go for it!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Nah, go REALLY radical for the landing gear.

Think WWII Fairey Barracuda and use L shaped legs that hinge from the bottom corners of the fuselage and fold up into bays in the fuselage and wings.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Surely there is only one real solution - spats...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2016, 03:24:08 AM

Surely there is only one real solution - spats...

Are you sure your name isn't Brian?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 15, 2016, 10:58:12 AM
Nah, go REALLY radical for the landing gear.

Maybe wingtip pods for the main landing gear struts...?

sandiego89

I vote tail dragger for unimproved runway use!

You have huge extra space in the intake areas that could be partially blanked off for the forward gear (think Kaman Sea Sprite), and a small tail wheel or skid.  As Dizzy says, you have huge intakes that the Pegasus needed, and smaller turbojet/fan does not need as much air- so put the bottom of the intakes to use.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 16, 2016, 04:05:48 AM
Are you sure your name isn't Brian?  ;D

Somebody has to take up the slack !

Taildragger sounds neat  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

I'm sorry I missed this, I love it - that first shot of the dryfitted fuse, wow! Very nice! Seeing it come together makes me think a bigger wing may be needed (although I may have missed discussion about that).
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

This is a super cool build, hope it's still on the go !

;)
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?